Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Pyros will engage at short range with the M-451 Firestorm.
They possess no shields on normal difficulty but will gain them on higher difficulties.
- Keeping your distance from a Pyro while shooting at him ought to bring him down.
- Pyros should never be approached in close quarters combat as they will easily devastate a player, even on lower difficulties. If caught in a Pyro's flames, the player will stagger backwards, making Shepard vulnerable to more attacks.
- The Pyro will attempt to get closer in order to engage the player and will not choose to get into cover, making it easy to neutralise him.
- The best tactic against them is to rupture the tank on their backs with well-placed shots. Tech powers such as Overload and Incinerate will cause them to instantly explode if unshielded, dealing damage to nearby units (friend or foe) and knocking over undefended units caught in the blast, much the same as using these powers on explosive environmental objects. Most weapons can also cause the tanks to rupture and explode once the Pyro is unshielded, though accurate weapons or the Arc Projector are best for this.
- Extremely powerful single-shot weapons such as sniper rifles and pistols that do enough damage from a single shot to simultaneously break the remaining shield and damage health underneath will set off the tank if the shot is on target. On higher difficulties, the M-98 Widow or the M-92 Mantis with Disruptor Ammo are the best options for this. The Arc Projector can also do this on most difficulties and hitting the fuel tank directly is not necessary.