These Cerberus-modified M-96 Mattock rifles are fully automatic. Cerberus gunsmiths reined in the recoil issues, resulting in a gun that stays on target but delivers slightly less punch per round than a standard Mattock. As such, the weapon is typically utilized by Cerberus’s elite troopers who train constantly to make every burst count.
The Cerberus Harrier is available after downloading the Mass Effect 3: Firefight Pack.
Player Notes Edit
- The Cerberus Harrier suffers from lack of ammo, but this can be countered with appropriate armor pieces, the Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade mod, or upgrading the level of the weapon.
- On higher difficulties this gun may be a superior choice to other powerful assault rifles such as the Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle or M-96 Mattock because of its considerable accuracy and damage. It also has less weight, which makes it an acceptable weapon for power-oriented characters.
- The damage per second and recoil of the Cerberus Harrier exceed that of the Mattock, making short burst fire preferable over automatic fire. Adding an Assault Rifle Stability Damper and an Assault Rifle Precision Scope will go a long way towards remedying any issues with the weapon's recoil.
- Unfortunately, the Cerberus Harrier is a poor choice for squadmates, who fire in short 3-4 round bursts before taking cover again for 1-2 seconds, often taking 20+ seconds to empty a thermal clip. This leads to a rather low damage output compared to its potential.
- Although not available in Mass Effect: Andromeda, it is possible to reproduce it to a certain degree. To do so, you have to craft a M-96 Mattock with the Automatic Fire System augmentation (made available with Patch 1.08). The crafted weapon will have 20 shots per clip similarly to the Harrier.