The fancifully named Chakram Launcher uses an internal fabricator to manufacture lightweight ammunition discs wrapped in holographic tracers. The discs explode on impact, sending shrapnel tearing through the enemy. Markings stamped on the gun's barrel are a shipping code created by its manufacturer, Ama-Lur Equipment. The code warns that the rifle must be assembled carefully, as it contains mixtures extremely volatile under pressure. This is why the Chakram Launcher requires thermal clips: without a way to dissipate the intense heat caused by its fabrication process, the rifle's circuitry would quickly destroy itself in a spectacularly lethal meltdown.
- Single-player: The Chakram Launcher is available in Mass Effect 3: Omega, and can be found during The Mines segment of the mission.
- Multiplayer: N/A
E-Mail from Liara
- The Chakram's discs do some damage on impact before exploding for more damage.
- The Chakram Launcher can be charged for greater damage.
- The explosion of the disk does damage relative to how long the shot was charged, ranging from very little to a significant bonus.
- Firing this weapon from cover may prove problematic because of the charge time required for the weapon to deal maximum damage. However, one can look away to charge the shot without moving/standing from cover, then turn around and fire the shot while only exposed for a second.
- This weapon is very effective against Cerberus Guardians, as its shots are able to punch through their shields. A single charged shot can kill them in one hit on lower difficulties.
- When you use the flashlight, charging the Chakram Launcher will significantly increase the amount of light as long as it is charging. When searching for objects in dark areas without enemies, keep the Chakram charged.
- When combining the Chakram Launcher with a team armed with Scorpions or Chakrams, it is extremely easy to take down small groups or an Atlas due to the constant damage and harassment caused by the constant impacts.
- Weapon Mods or Armor-Piercing Ammo that add armor piercing will not allow the Chakram Launcher to pierce targets or cover, though it will still gain damage bonuses provided by them.
- As with other weapons that can be charged, Infiltrators can begin charging the Chakram Launcher prior to activating Tactical Cloak. They can then fire the charged disc without deactivating the Tactical Cloak. Beginning to charge while the cloak is activated will deactivate the cloak.
- The Chakram Launcher was designed by Todd McFarlane, creator of Spawn. Its color scheme of black, red, and white references that character. 
- A chakram is a circular throwing weapon in the shape of a flat metal ring and used in a manner similar to a frisbee.
- The Chakram Launcher does not show the Assault Rifle Precision Scope or Assault Rifle Extended Barrel weapon mods attached to the weapon when the mods are applied. The effects are still applied however, and other mods that affect colors still affect the Chakram Launcher's colors.
- The in-game image for the Chakram Launcher on the loadout screen depicts it as having red colored parts at the front of the weapon. The part on the actual weapon is not colored when using it. Adding the Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade mod will change the color of this part.
- The name of the manufacturer, "Ama-lur Equipment" is a pun referencing the game with which Mass Effect 3 shared the crossover promotion, "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning". Chakrams featured as a powerful weapon in the game.
- Note: The Chakram Launcher was initially available after completing the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo, including the tutorial quest and the subsequent 45 minutes of free play time. This required linking an EA/BioWare account to the game to register the promotions. PlayStation 3 owners needed to download and play the Amalur demo before playing Mass Effect 3. EA has now stopped supporting the KoA:R Demo and has shut down its servers so the Chakram Launcher can't be obtained from this method anymore.
- Reckoner Knight Armor: An armor set also obtainable by playing the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo.
- ↑ http://www.computerandvideogames.com/376815/previews/mass-effect-3-omega-dlc-hands-on-with-the-series-biggest-add-on-ever/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co
- ↑ http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=638555
|Mass Effect 3 Downloadable Content|
|Promotional||AT-12 Raider • Chakram Launcher • Collector Rifle • M-55 Argus |
M-90 Indra • N7 Collector's Edition Pack • N7 Warfare Gear • Reckoner Knight Armor
|Single-Player||From Ashes • Extended Cut • Firefight Pack • Leviathan • Groundside Resistance Pack |
Alternate Appearance Pack 1 • Omega • Citadel • Genesis 2
|Multiplayer||Online Pass • Resurgence Pack • Rebellion Pack • Earth • Retaliation • Reckoning|