Chasca is a large, but low density world, fundamentally similar to its inner neighbor Inti. Like Inti, Chasca is tidally-locked to Matano. The same side always faces the sun, resulting in a scorching day side and a frozen night side. In the temperate areas around the terminator, temperatures average around 30 Celsius. Combined with a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere, this slender band of habitable terrain allows limited colonization by humans.
Chasca's ring is unique. It appears to be, for lack of a better term, a massive piece of alien "installation art." The rings are made of small pieces of synthetic material, and are almost invisible from space. From the ground, they catch and scatter the light of Matano in picturesque ways. It is not known who created the ring or when.
Chasca is very early in development, with little more than a few pioneer teams scattered across the surface. Information is being collated about native hazards and ecology, while a massive colonist recruiting drive is gearing up back on Earth.
- Assignment: Investigate Samples → UNC: Colony of the Dead
- Collection: UNC: Prothean Data Discs: Prothean Data Discs ×1
- Survey: UNC: Valuable Minerals: Heavy Metal ×1 / Light Metal ×1 / Rare Element ×1
Points of Interest Edit
|1||Initial||Civilian building (UNC: Colony of the Dead)|
|2||Initial||Civilian building (UNC: Colony of the Dead)|
|3||Initial||Science facility (UNC: Colony of the Dead)|
|5||Initial||Prothean pyramid and dig site (UNC: Prothean Data Discs) (salvage)
“There are several small Prothean artifacts in the crate, including an intact Prothean data disc. It appears to be in excellent condition.”
|6||Unmarked||Space Cow herd|
Mineral Deposits Edit
- Main article: UNC: Valuable Minerals
- All planets in the Matano system are named after deities of Inca mythology. Chasca is the Inca deity of dawn and twilight.
- In the final room of the Science Facility, there is an easy decryption crate that can give unlimited loot. Simply open and loot the crate. Save your game and then reload, and the crate is unlockable again with new items. This can be done an unlimited amount of times with varying loot. On higher player levels, the loot is more valuable with some of the highest-ranked armors in the game being lootable from this crate.
- In 2185, the Delta Pavonis Foundation is raising funds from investors and recruiting volunteers for a second stage colonization of this world.
- In Mass Effect 2, one can listen to Emily Wong on a Citadel News Net terminal. One of the stories mentioned claims that Chasca's colonial growth is back on track with the help of asari investment and that the colony is accepting new recruits. The Alliance's Fifth Fleet made a brief visit to it recently. Wong also mentions that the geth were responsible for the deaths of the first colonists, despite Cerberus being the true perpetrators.