|This article is about the heavy weapon in Mass Effect 2. For the weapon in Mass Effect 3, see Particle Rifle.|
Description[edit | edit source]
Precise and lethal, this focused-radiation weapon is very effective against shields, barriers, and armor.
The amount of energy required to create a destructive beam is several orders of magnitude more than the amount needed to launch a high-velocity projectile via a mass effect field.
The weapon you've retrieved appears to be a beam weapon of Collector origin, but efforts to understand the technology and replicate it have failed. With enough research, Normandy's engineers may be able to produce beam weapons, perhaps on a larger scale.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Found during the mission on Horizon, on a stasis pod near the stairs where Shepard first finds frozen colonists. If you happen to miss that one, you can find a second one near the locked door that leads to Delan after you beat the waves of attacking Collectors. If you miss the previous two, you can find a third one right after you exit the Garage. If the weapon is not picked up at any of these locations, it will be awarded at the end of the mission.
Player Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the Particle Beam is fully automatic, it will consume five units of ammunition at a time.
- The Collector Particle Beam has great range, ammo efficiency, and precision. It is effective at taking out the barriers or shields of tougher enemies such as YMIR Mechs or Tela Vasir.
- The Collector Particle Beam does not cause any friendly fire damage to Shepard or Shepard's squad regardless of difficulty setting allowing it to be fired at point blank range safely.
- The Particle Beam is a much riskier weapon to use on higher difficulties as Shepard must maintain constant line of sight to targets in order to deal serious damage which in turn opens Shepard up to return fire.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Game assets for the Collector Particle Beam are present in Mass Effect 3 but cannot be accessed normally except for third-party modifications.
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Mass Effect 2 Weapons|
|Heavy Pistols||M-3 Predator • M-6 Carnifex • M-5 Phalanx|
|Submachine Guns||M-4 Shuriken • M-9 Tempest • M-12 Locust|
|Shotguns||M-23 Katana • M-27 Scimitar • M-300 Claymore • M-22 Eviscerator • Geth Plasma Shotgun|
|Assault Rifles||M-8 Avenger • M-15 Vindicator • Geth Pulse Rifle • M-76 Revenant • Collector Assault Rifle • M-96 Mattock|
|Sniper Rifles||M-92 Mantis • M-97 Viper • M-98 Widow • M-29 Incisor|
|Heavy Weapons||M-100 Grenade Launcher • ML-77 Missile Launcher • M-622 Avalanche • M-920 Cain • Collector Particle Beam • M-490 Blackstorm • M-451 Firestorm • Arc Projector|