Eclipse Vanguards are the biotic and close quarters specialists for the mercenary organization Eclipse. They are exclusively human and asari with the latter being the most predominant due to the asari's naturally increased biotic potential and power. They utilize biotic Barriers and Tech Armor for protection, shotguns for offensive power and also biotic powers such as Warp. The Vanguard's role is to close in and eliminate opponents with sheer force and power.
For offensive power, Vanguards are armed with the M-27 Scimitar, which is limited in range, but has a bonus to damage versus shields and barriers.
- On harder difficulties, Vanguards are a nightmare to face in close combat, and the recommended tactic is to keep the Eclipse Vanguard at a distance. Ideally, they should be taken out at long range as they try to close in on you.
- Powers such as Warp, Concussive Shot and Reave are effective against barriers, as are assault rifles and Submachine Guns with their innate damage bonuses.
- As one of the most dangerous class of Eclipse mercenaries in a given group, it is advisable to concentrate firepower on any advancing Eclipse Vanguards.
- Asari vanguards will call out before using Warp: "Weakening their integrity!" "Deploying Warp field!" or "Mind over matter!"
- For Vanguards, close-range may be the preferred distance as their damage-dealing abilities at short ranges are also quite substantial.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.