This page is for discussing a policy related to the Mass Effect Wiki that may or may not be passed by the community. The Form below serves to describe the Policy and what it is about, or what it will modify.
Policy: Demotion of Temporaleditor78, Again
Like I said this is the third attempts to demote Temporaleditor78. First, I'm not saying he should be ban from the Mass Effect wiki simply remove him from his admin position. You can read the previous two attempts or even Temporaleditor78's talk page and clearly see this is a ongoing issues. My personal experience with Temproaleditor78 is that he block me for two weeks because I kept undoing his roll back of my edit. Now, I didn't know he was a admin but he didn't give a reason why he roll back my edit nor did he warn me of what I did "wrong" or try to talk to me. He simply block me and when I left message he responses was rude. The block also prevent me from communication to other admin in trying to resolve the issue. He come across as a tyrant. At least one person had left this wiki and starting another wiki, http://masseffectlore.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Wiki, those tiny - only 16 pages, it show that at least some of the decline on this wiki is because of him.
I understand that he is the most active contributor to the wiki but letting him get away with abusing his power seem unacceptable to me. He also did the blocking without warning to Kryalis, see http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Temporaryeditor78#Your_reason_for_blocking_me
He own profile said, "I AM amused at your reactions to my reactions to your idiotic shenanigans." Which in my opinion come across as very arrogant.
He also, at least once, attempt to remove a forum, http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Demotion_of_Temporaryeditor78?file=Response_from_Staff.png
He may end up blocking me for this but I feel it need to be done. I want to point out that I took several days debating this before deciding to post to the policy.
I had a grammar learning disability so please forgive any grammar mistakes.
New dude here, going with no. Here's why (you would know the first two bullets if you had read the rules posted on the policy forum portal like I did):
- "In order to create a policy proposal, you must have a valid account with Mass Effect Wiki that is at least 30 days old. This waiting period is to ensure that new users have enough time to understand existing wiki policies. Any proposals made by unregistered contributors or accounts that are less than 30 days old will be deleted, but may be re-proposed after the mandatory cooldown period (see below) if the proposer then meets the account requirement." Allen Knott's account was 8 days old when he made this post.
- "If any user is found to be canvasing for votes on a policy, their vote and any votes gained through this will be invalidated. The user who committed the action will face a block, depending on how often this has been done in the past, and will not be allowed to vote in the next policy forum debate. By debate, that means one with an actual proposal is needed." Nord Ronnoc is guilty of suggesting this on his talk to Allen Knott. I think Nord didn't know about this rule and wasn't trying to be underhanded on purpose, but every No vote from now on is now "Fruit of the poisoned tree" if I'm getting my legal lingo right.
- Allen Knott is a new account with only 8 edits, and only 1 improved a wiki page. It doesn't feel right for any new dude who isn't even helping out much to be able to take down an admin if they get upset once.
- One of Allen Knott's main reasons for posting this is because he's upset with Tempoeraryeditor78 and thinks he's arrogant and rude. He wants to take down an admin because he got rubbed the wrong way. Very weak reasoning. If Allen Knott rubbed me the wrong way would it be right for me to make a policy post to get him blocked? Why did Allen Knott decide to escalate one bad experience into a drama that demands an admin be taken down? It looks petty and trollish.
- Allen Knott's account history does not show he was ever blocked or that his bad experience with Temporaryeditor78 ever happened, so either he's straight up lying and the whole grounds for this post is bunk or I missed something. I don't think I missed something.
- I had a brief convo with Temporaryeditor78 not long ago and he answered my questions, didn't insult me, and didn't ban me. If he's mean then he's able to keep it in check enough for people like me to edit freely. Hard for me to see that he fits the profile of a "tyrant." That's plenty reason to vote no by itself.
- First, I moved your argument to the discussion section so I could response. It is true that my account is only 8 days old but I didn't realized the 30 days thing nor did I realized that my account is only "8 days old" because it the same account I had been using on other wikia since 2010. Next, I'm the one who posted on Nord Ronnoc's talk page originally. I'm the one who asking if we could rally support to remove Temporaryeditor78 so actual it should be my vote that is not counting. This account isn't the same one I was block on, this is the account where I was block on, http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/User:Allenknott3?flow=create-page-article-redlink. If you read the links I posted i show that Temporaryeditor78 had done this same thing to other peoples, including attempting to remove one of the previous post about demotion him. Hint this is my opinion is him abusing his power. If my policy purpose need to be taking down because of the 30 days-rule that is fine but I will wait and re-post it after the cool down period. --Allen Knott (talk) 07:23, April 6, 2017 (UTC)Allen Knott
- You could have asked me to move my comment myself. Do you know that you admitted to making a second account to get around a block on your first account? I don't know if that's block worthy here, but lots of places permaban for doing that. It's also shifty behavior in general, even if your block was wrongful, even if you don't know any rules. When is going around a block ever ok anywhere? You expect me to think Temporaryeditor78 is this super terrible guy but you're the one crossing lines to take him down. My vote stays No. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ((╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻) 08:34, April 6, 2017 (UTC)
- True but I didn't know if you would or how long that would takes you. No, I had my current account first, I just wasn't able to get into it because of a technically issue. Once that issue was fixed I was able to get back into my account. So technically I was block on my second account. It not shifty behavior when the block prevent me from contacting any other admins on the site to discuss the issue. I even contact Wikia Community Support for help. My block was wrong and in my opinion if the block is wrong then it is alright to go around the rules, especially if the admin if abusing his power. You my vote no that is your right. You may had a good conversion with Temporaryeditor78 but the reality is that you had spend the majority of your time attacking me on a personally level. Did you even read any of the links I posted? Because basically your argument is, "I like temporaryedtiro78 so he is fine being an admin." You haven't give one piece of evidence of why Temporarayeditor78 should not be demotion. I will admit you was right about the 30 days thing but again I thought my old account was 7 years old. I didn't realized it was depending on when I first made an edit on this wiki.--Allen Knott (talk) 19:42, April 6, 2017 (UTC)Allen Knott
Signature and Closing Note
Voting will end on April 11, 2017 (UTC) in keeping with policy.