|This article is about the power available to the Soldier class in Mass Effect 3. For the N7 Destroyer's grenade power in Mass Effect 3, see Multi-Frag Grenade. For the skill in Mass Effect: Andromeda, see Frag Grenade (skill).|
Rank 1: Frag Grenade
Rip your enemies apart with this shrapnel-packed grenade.
- Damage: 600 (900 multiplayer)
- Radius: 6.50 m
Rank 2: Max Grenades
Increase grenade capacity by 1.
Rank 3: Damage
Increase damage by 20%.
- Damage: 720 (1080 multiplayer)
- Radius: 6.50 m
Rank 4: Damage/Radius
Increase damage by 30%.
Increase impact radius by 30%.
Rank 5: Max Grenades/Bleed Damage
Increase grenade capacity by 2.
Increase damage to organics by 40% (50% multiplayer) over 10 seconds (5 seconds multiplayer).
Rank 6: Armor-Piercing/Shield Overload
Increase damage to armor by 50% (75% multiplayer).
Increase damage to shields by 50% (75% multiplayer).
- Grenade powers do not have a recharge time and can be used immediately at any time provided grenades are available. Using the power consumes one grenade each time.
- If the player has multiple grenade powers, the grenade pool is shared between them.
- As with all grenades, Frag Grenades are effective at taking out groups of weaker enemies. The detonation will also stagger most lighter enemies in the blast zone that aren't killed outright. They are also useful for bouncing or arcing around terrain to hit enemies hiding behind cover.
- Frag Grenades thrown by players usually detonate 1 second after they come into contact with a horizontal surface, and they detonate instantly on hitting an enemy directly. When used by squadmates in single-player, they not only detonate instantly but travel instantly as well.
- Frag Grenades can detonate all non-biotic Power Combos (tech, fire, and cryo) but they can't set up, or "prime," combos of any type.
- Note that the Rank 6 Shield Overload evolution only increases damage to shields, not barriers, unlike with most powers with similar evolutions.
- Though this power is available to Admiral Anderson during the prologue, he will have no grenades, rendering it useless.
- Single-Player: Soldier, David Anderson, James Vega, Grunt
- Multiplayer: Battlefield 3 Soldier, Human Soldier