|This article is about the power available to the Soldier class in Mass Effect 3. For the N7 Destroyer's grenade power in Mass Effect 3, see Multi-Frag Grenade. For the skill in Mass Effect: Andromeda, see Frag Grenade (skill).|
Power Ranks Edit
Rank 1: Frag Grenade Edit
Rip your enemies apart with this shrapnel-packed grenade.
- Damage: 600 (900 multiplayer)
- Radius: 6.50 m
Rank 2: Max Grenades Edit
Increase grenade capacity by 1.
Rank 3: Damage Edit
Increase damage by 20%.
- Damage: 720 (1080 multiplayer)
- Radius: 6.50 m
Rank 4: Damage/Radius Edit
Increase damage by 30%.
Increase impact radius by 30%.
Rank 5: Max Grenades/Bleed Damage Edit
Increase grenade capacity by 2.
Increase damage to organics by 40% (50% multiplayer) over 10 seconds (5 seconds multiplayer).
Rank 6: Armor-Piercing/Shield Overload Edit
Increase damage to armor by 50% (75% multiplayer).
Increase damage to shields by 50% (75% multiplayer).
Player Notes Edit
- Grenade powers do not have a recharge time and, thus, can be used immediately at any time, provided grenades are available. Using the power consumes one grenade each time.
- If the player has multiple grenade powers, the grenade pool is shared between them.
- As with all grenades, Frag Grenades specialize in taking out squads of enemies, usually weaker ones. Frag Grenades thrown by players usually detonate 1 second after they come into contact with a surface.
- One useful thing about Frag Grenades is that they will detonate immediately upon directly hitting an enemy. This is extremely useful and necessary when combating enemies with high health/shields/armor. Pairing this ability with the appropriate upgrades makes it deadly for players skilled with its use.
- Though this power is available to Admiral Anderson during the prologue, he will have no grenades, rendering it useless.
- If the grenade kills a target that is on fire (by means of Incinerate, Inferno Grenade or Incendiary Ammo) then a Fire Explosion will be produced. This will create a larger explosion, yielding more damage as well as producing several small fireballs (much like an Inferno Grenade) which will travel a short distance from the explosion.
- Note that the Rank 6 Shield Overload evolution only increases damage to shields, not barriers, unlike with most powers with similar evolutions.