Mass Effect 2 Edit
Geth pulse rifles are rarely retrieved from the battlefield; when they are, the guns are generally functional and comparable to a stock assault rifle. Over time, however, they prove unreliable and difficult to repair. Attempts to replicate this weapon have failed, but the technology recovered from Haestrom could enable several of these weapons to be built for your squad.
Two anomalies differentiate these geth weapons from other stock assault rifles. First, the mass effect field generation technology follows a sine curve (it has a variable rate of fire). Second, its slugs are lighter than standard Avenger slugs, but they're encased in a phasic envelope. Overall, this weapon should be more effective against shields and barrier than a battle rifle, but will likely have less armor penetration capability.
Picked up during Tali's recruitment mission at Haestrom on Hardcore or Insanity difficulty setting (The difficulty must be adjusted before the start of the mission). The rifle can be found in the same room Tali is in, after destroying the Geth Colossus. The difficulty should be changed before landing on the planet.
Squad Use Edit
Player Notes Edit
- Although the fire rate is listed at 1000 RPM, it is highly variable, alternating between fast and slow modes. According to the in-game Codex, this is because the fire rate follows a variable sine curve.
- The Pulse Rifle is very accurate, and very few of the shots will miss an enemy at medium range, even on full auto.
- The Pulse Rifle rips through shields and barriers but has a noticeable lack of punch against armor. Supplementing it with the right ammo power can shore up its weaknesses or further increase its strengths.
- If combined with Disruptor Ammo this weapon can tear the geth apart, as geth possess a relatively high ratio of shields to health compared with most enemy types and Disruptor Ammo deals bonus damage to both shields and synthetic health.
- Its high accuracy and rate of fire makes the Pulse Rifle an excellent suppressing fire weapon, especially when equipped with Inferno Ammo as this will quickly put whole groups of most organic enemies into "panic mode."
- The Pulse Rifle's main drawback is its low damage per shot, as this forces the player to remain out of cover for longer than with weapons like the M-96 Mattock. Because squad members deal even less damage than Shepard, this can be even more of a problem for them.
- This weapon refills ammo very efficiently from thermal clip pick ups.
- Due to its high level of effectiveness against shields and barriers, the Pulse Rifle can be a good weapon option for Adepts or Vanguards if assault rifle training is selected inside the Collector Ship.
Mass Effect 3 Edit
- In Mass Effect 2, the rifle appears much lower than other rifles on a character's back, to the point where equipping Legion with it makes it almost float in the air.
- The Geth Pulse Rifle has the same icon as the Collector Particle Beam in the Weapons menu in the game.
See Also Edit
|Mass Effect 2 Weapons|
|Heavy Pistols||M-3 Predator • M-6 Carnifex • M-5 Phalanx|
|Submachine Guns||M-4 Shuriken • M-9 Tempest • M-12 Locust|
|Shotguns||M-23 Katana • M-27 Scimitar • M-300 Claymore • M-22 Eviscerator • Geth Plasma Shotgun|
|Assault Rifles||M-8 Avenger • M-15 Vindicator • Geth Pulse Rifle • M-76 Revenant • Collector Assault Rifle • M-96 Mattock|
|Sniper Rifles||M-92 Mantis • M-97 Viper • M-98 Widow • M-29 Incisor|
|Heavy Weapons||M-100 Grenade Launcher • ML-77 Missile Launcher • M-622 Avalanche • M-920 Cain • Collector Particle Beam • M-490 Blackstorm • M-451 Firestorm • Arc Projector|