Geth pulse rifles are comparable to a standard stock assault rifle, but finely balanced with low-recoil and incredibly high accuracy. The pulse rifle fires a rapid stream of light-weight slugs which are wrapped in a phasic envelope to increase their damage.
The Geth Pulse Rifle can be found during the mission Priority: Geth Dreadnought, on top of a crate just prior to entering the Operations Center. It is also purchasable from Elkoss Combine Arsenal Supplies post-mission if it was missed.
Player Notes Edit
- The main strength with the Geth Pulse Rifle is its unmatched clip capacity, capable of firing a staggering 180 rounds with a Level V Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade, while the M-76 Revenant's maximum is only 108 rounds. Intel Bonuses will increase the capacity further, enabling even more shots. The Kestrel Helmet, Armax Arsenal armor pieces and capacity evolutions in ammo powers shine with the weapon, giving it a near-limitless supply of ammunition.
- The Geth Pulse Rifle has a slow reload for an assault rifle.
- The rate of fire of the Geth Pulse Rifle is significantly higher than any other assault rifle, making it ideal for applying priming effects of ammo powers, which have a fixed chance of occurring per bullet.
- While the Geth Pulse Rifle doesn't have a crosshair even when zoomed in, it has pinpoint accuracy and near-zero recoil, making headshots and sustained fire incredibly easy. Fitting the rifle with an Assault Rifle Precision Scope mod further augments the accuracy and allows for easily scoring multiple headshots in rapid succession.
- Another redeeming point of the Geth Pulse Rifle is its weight, being one of the lighter assault rifles in the game. This makes it a viable choice for power-oriented characters and classes.