|This article is about the terminal for customizing gear in Mass Effect: Andromeda. For the process of selecting skill set loadouts and the favorites menu, see Loadouts and Favorites Menu.|
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Loadout terminal can be accessed by landing on a planet or at the start of a major mission. The loadout terminal is also accessible via several locations.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Loadout terminals are located:
- Tempest Airlock - On board the Tempest is a dedicated room with a Loadout terminal. Ryder turns left upon entering the main door to the bridge. There is a door directly in front of Ryder (which leads to the Loadout terminal) and a door directly behind Ryder (which leads to Peebee's escape pod).
- Mission Launch - Whenever Ryder departs from the Tempest onto a planet (like Eos) the Loadout terminal will open automatically.
- Forward Station - Each Forward Station located on a planet allows Ryder to access a Loadout terminal.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Loadout terminals allow customization to:
- Weapons - Change or modify Weapons and/or Mods
- Armor - Change or modify Armor and/or Fusion Mods
- Consumables - Change or modify Consumables
- Squad - Squadmate selection
- Nomad - Change or modify the ND1 Nomad Paint Job
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Weapons (Mass Effect: Andromeda)
The Loadout terminal initially allows equipping two firearms and one melee weapon by default. Additional weapon slots can be unlocked through the Combat Fitness skill at Ranks 3 and 5.
Weapon Weight[edit | edit source]
Total weapon weight is affected by the number and type of weapons chosen at the Loadout terminal.
- Melee weapons are weightless but each firearm adds more weight.
- If Ryder carries too much weight, power recharge times are affected.
- Certain Skills can increase overall weight capacity.
- Certain Skills can reduce the weight of specific weapons.
- Certain Mods can reduce the weight of guns.
- Certain Mods can increase the weight of guns.
Mods[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Mods
Mods can only be added/changed/removed at a Loadout terminal.
Armor[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Armor (Mass Effect: Andromeda)
The Loadout terminal allows adding/changing/removing Arms, Chests, Helmets, and Legs armor pieces.
- To customize armor colors and patterns, the Wardrobe in the Pathfinder's quarters on the Tempest allows this type of customization.
- To choose when the helmet is shown on Ryder, go to the main Settings menu to change this display feature.
Fusion Mods[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Fusion Mods
Fusion Mods can only be added/changed/removed to Chest pieces at a Loadout terminal.
Consumables[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Consumables
The Loadout terminal initially allows equipping two consumables by default.
Squad[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Squad - Mass Effect: Andromeda
Selection of two squadmates is possible. Certain missions require a specific squadmate and that squadmate will be locked in.
Selecting any armor, consumables, weapons, etc. for squadmates has been completely scrapped in Mass Effect: Andromeda. This means that your squadmates will always retain exactly the same equipment.
Nomad Customization[edit | edit source]
- Main article: ND1 Nomad