|This article is about the heavy pistol designated M-11. For the shotgun designated M-11, see M-11 Wraith.|
Description[edit | edit source]
The M-11 Suppressor is the product of the Alliance's Offensive Handgun Project that developed an infiltration weapon to be used in close-quarters situations where silence is key. The Suppressor features a built-in integral sound moderator that reduces noise and muzzle flash. Civilian variants of the weapon are considered illegal but can be found in some sectors.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
With Mass Effect 3: Citadel downloaded, the M-11 Suppressor is automatically added at the start of the mission Citadel Wards: Ambush, after a cinematic is shown where Shepard kills a CAT6 Specialist wielding the weapon.
Player Notes[edit | edit source]
- The M-11 Suppressor possesses a high per-shot damage for a heavy pistol, a high rate of fire, and an unparalleled 4x headshot damage modifier.
- Its extreme headshot damage can be further amplified with the Pistol Cranial Trauma System, certain armor parts, the Cerberus Nightmare Armor, the Headshots evolutions of ammo powers, and/or certain evolutions of Combat Mastery and Operational Mastery.
- The importance of landing headshots with this weapon encourages the use of techniques that make lining up headshots easier, such as waiting for enemies to come out of a combat roll or stunning them with a power such as Overload. Maximizing accuracy by using the Pistol Scope mod and firing zoomed and/or from cover is also a good idea.
- Although the Suppressor is based on the same model as the M-6 Carnifex and M-77 Paladin, it sports a rate of fire comparable to the M-3 Predator with very little recoil. It has the same amount of ammo as the Carnifex, so a steady aim and a careful trigger finger are still important assets.
- With weapon mods such as a Pistol High-Caliber Barrel, and certain ammo powers, the Suppressor can even outmatch the Paladin for sheer damage, and its high rate of fire and minimal recoil allow it to take out hardened targets quickly.
- This weapon is particularly devastating in the hands of a Soldier using Adrenaline Rush, as the time dilation and damage boost makes landing one-shot headshot kills on multiple targets fairly easy, especially if the weapon is equipped with a Pistol Scope mod for maximum accuracy.
- Equipping the Pistol Scope can make the Suppressor accurate enough at long distances to be a "pocket sniper rifle," able to match and even outperform many of the lighter sniper rifles in the game if headshots are consistently landed. Its ability to fire off multiple shots rapidly before having to reload can also give it advantages over heavier sniper rifles on higher difficulties where the shield gate mechanic makes powerful single-shot weapons less efficient at one-shotting targets with shields or barriers.
- Squadmates tend to fire this gun in 3-round bursts.
- The Suppressor has an impressive 4x headshot multiplier:
- This should be capitalized by using the Pistol Cranial Trauma System and the Pistol Scope weapon mods, Vulnerability VI gear, and Targeting VI equipment. Boss-level units are immune to additional headshot damage bonuses, relying instead on a system of weak points.
- Precision and Stealth-based classes are preferable, usually with Tactical Cloak and/or Tactical Scan.
- Although the Suppressor is based on the same model as the M-6 Carnifex and M-77 Paladin, it sports a rate of fire comparable to the M-3 Predator, with reduced damage and very little recoil. It has the same amount of ammo as the Carnifex, so a steady aim and a careful trigger finger are still important assets.
- The Suppressor is a suppressed weapon. This means that shooting enemies with this weapon does not attract attention to the player, similar to how Tactical Cloak works.
- Similarly to Tactical Cloak, the suppressed effect is severely crippled if you are the only one in the round, as enemies will target you by default.
- Characters with access to Stasis or Submission Net can use the Suppressor effectively, as enemies cannot dodge when immobilized, allowing for easy headshots. This is extremely effective against agile enemies like the Phantom.
References[edit | edit source]
|Mass Effect 3 Downloadable Content|
|Promotional||AT-12 Raider • Chakram Launcher • Collector Rifle • M-55 Argus |
M-90 Indra • N7 Collector's Edition Pack • N7 Warfare Gear • Reckoner Knight Armor
|Single-Player||From Ashes • Extended Cut • Firefight Pack • Leviathan • Groundside Resistance Pack |
Alternate Appearance Pack 1 • Omega • Citadel • Genesis 2
|Multiplayer||Online Pass • Resurgence Pack • Rebellion Pack • Earth • Retaliation • Reckoning|