A battle rifle that fires in three-round bursts. Favored by assassins and elite mercenaries, and deadly at any range. Manufactured by Elanus Risk Control Services for the Blue Suns mercenary group, the Vindicator is popular in the Terminus Systems.
Player Notes Edit
- The Vindicator packs a good punch and has better-than-average accuracy, making it a good hybrid between the M-96 Mattock and the M-8 Avenger.
- Clip capacity is lower than the M-8 Avenger and Phaeston, meaning you should take a slightly more conservative approach with ammunition.
- It also has considerable recoil when shooting while on the move, however, while in cover, it is stable enough to land consistent, precise shots. This is complemented by using an Assault Rifle Precision Scope, which allows constant headshots.
- The main weakness of the Vindicator, however, is its burst fire, which makes it perform poorly in close quarters, thus, it is a poor choice of weapon for a Vanguard. Conversely, its low weight, high accuracy, low recoil, and decent damage make it a fair choice should a Vanguard find themselves at a range; because of this, it can be a very useful replacement for the heavier M-96 Mattock in a range-concerned Vanguard's inventory.
- A suggested weapon mod for this rifle is a Assault Rifle Stability Damper. The Vindicator can have almost the same degree of accuracy it had in Mass Effect 2, with higher level Assault Rifle Stability Dampers.
- The Vindicator is a good choice for an Infiltrator, as it is very light when upgraded, and when in cover, can land consistent headshots on an enemy. When combined with headshot bonuses from the passive class power Operational Mastery and ammo powers, the Vindicator can do significant damage to an enemy.