Mass Effect 2 Edit
Common military shotgun. Deadly at short range, but ineffective at long range. Very effective versus shields and biotic barriers, but weak versus armor.
Squad Use Edit
Player Notes Edit
- With the availability of the M-22, the M-23 Katana is essentially obsolete from the beginning of the game.
- That being said, the Katana may still be preferred by Vanguards and Soldiers with shotgun-oriented playstyles due to its larger clip size (which is a major drawback for the Eviscerator) and its traditional, superior performance against shields and biotic barriers.
Mass Effect 3 Edit
Mass Effect: Andromeda Edit
- The appearance is somewhat similar to the alternate shotgun in Mass Effect.
- The Katana is likely named after a type of sword.
- The Katana shotgun has a unique draw and holster sound-effect. Instead of hearing the weapon "assembling" itself - as heard when drawing and holstering all other weapons in Mass Effect 3 - the Katana shotgun will sound like a katana blade being (un-)sheathed.
|Mass Effect: Andromeda Weapons|
|Augmentations • Mods|
|Assault Rifles||L-89 Halberd • M-8 Avenger • M-37 Falcon • M-96 Mattock • Cyclone • N7 Valkyrie • Pathfinder Pioneer • P.A.W. • Revenant • Sandstorm • Soned • Sovoa • Sweeper • Thokin • X5 Ghost • Zalkin|
|Pistols||M-3 Predator • M-5 Phalanx • M-25 Hornet • Carnifex • Charger • Equalizer • N7 Eagle • N7 Hurricane • Pathfinder Ranger • Rozerad • Scorpion • Sidewinder • Silhesh • Talon • Ushior|
|Sniper Rifles||M-90 Indra • Black Widow • Incisor • Inferno • Isharay • Kishock Harpoon Gun • Lanat • Naladen • N7 Valiant • Pathfinder Observer • Raptor • Shadow • Vanquisher • Viper • Widow|
|Shotguns||M-23 Katana • Dhan • Disciple • Hesh • N7 Crusader • N7 Piranha • Pathfinder Deep Impact • Reegar Carbine • Ruzad • Scattershot • Shorty • Venom|
|Melee Weapons||Angaran Firaan • Asari Sword • Biotic Amplifier • Electric Firaan • Kett Carfalon • Kett Vakarsh • Krogan Hammer • Omni-Blade • Remnant Cryo-Gauntlet|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.