Mass Effect 3[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
This Alliance rifle launches 25 mm mini-grenades. Lighter and more accurate than most grenade launchers, the Falcon burns through specialized ammunition as well as standard thermal clips. A field fabrication kit generates this ammunition, leaving the clips as the rifle's only limitation.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The M-37 Falcon can be found during the mission Priority: Cerberus Headquarters, on the ground between the destroyed wall and the active door after launching the fighter into the wall. It is also purchasable from Kassa Fabrication via the Alliance Requisitions procurement terminal post-mission if it was missed.
Player Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Falcon's grenades share some characteristics with those of the Scorpion heavy pistol, both sharing a similar blast radius and both staggering light enemies on impact. However, the Falcon's projectiles travel much faster and detonate on contact with enemies with no delay. The Falcon's grenades have timed life and will go off after a short period whether they impact an enemy or not, essentially limiting how far a shot can travel.
- Unmodified, the Falcon's grenades deal only moderate damage, taking at least two grenades to kill a lone Assault Trooper on lower difficulties. The Assault Rifle Extended Barrel provides a very useful boost to the weapon's damage.
- If the grenades fail to meet a hostile target, they will bounce and roll for a short distance before detonating, similar to the Frag Grenade power. The grenades can also be bounced off walls to hit enemies behind cover or around corners. The grenades have a proximity fuse, causing them to explode in an airburst fashion if they pass very close to a target, enabling enemies to be hit even when they are behind cover. The resulting stagger effect on most infantry enemies will also knock them out of cover.
- When fired, the grenades have a small firing arc requiring you to aim slightly above the enemy at long ranges.
- Reload time is an issue with the Falcon, much like the M-76 Revenant, and Geth Pulse Rifle, therefore it's important to be well aware of your surroundings while attempting a reload.
- Another weakness of the Falcon is fairly low magazine capacity and reserve ammunition. This makes very sustained fire impossible unless using a Soldier's Adrenaline Rush to effectively double the number of shots that can be fired before needing to reload. Equipping the Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade can mitigate this.
- The Falcon can, with the right Weapon Mods and level upgrades, be a versatile powerhouse. You can use the Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade mod to have 6 rounds per thermal clip, and upgrade the level of the weapon to boost the reserve ammo. With the Assault Rifle Extended Barrel mod and an ammo power, the Falcon is capable of decimating all enemies on lower difficulties by itself. One should be careful to only reload when you're sure enemies won't flank you or get in your face in the next couple of seconds.
- Despite the Falcon's large reticule, it is actually fairly accurate, with most shots traveling close to where the center of your reticule is pointed (small firing arc notwithstanding). However, it's important to make every shot count with this weapon in view of its slow firing rate and low magazine/extra ammo capacity. The Assault Rifle Precision Scope makes the Falcon laser-accurate at all ranges, allowing a player with good aim to almost never miss a shot.
- While the Falcon does kick when fired, the targeting reticule will return back to its original firing position on its own in time for the next shot, effectively meaning the weapon is perfectly stable.
- One of the Falcon's other standout features is its effectiveness with ammo powers, reliably procing the "priming" effects of Incendiary, Disruptor, and Cryo enhanced rounds with a single shot (provided the owner of the ammo power is the one firing). This combined with the staggering and area damage effects of the grenades makes it the perfect weapon to setup groups of enemies for follow-up powers including those that will detonate Power Combos.
- Because of the staggering nature of the grenades, the Falcon is frighteningly deadly against any Cerberus infantry including Phantoms no matter the difficulty. It's great for interrupting enemies attempting to melee, set up a Turret, combat roll, or throw grenades in your direction. Guardians are somewhat of an exception as the Falcon is unable to penetrate their physical shields though it can still stagger them.
- The Falcon is an excellent gun for squadmates like Ashley Williams or James Vega, who have passive powers to maximize weapon damage and do not suffer from the Falcon's low ammo reserve. Slap the extended barrel and upgraded magazine mods on the Falcon, give it to Ashley and/or James, and watch the body count soar. James might be the preferred choice of the two for harder fights due to his Incendiary Ammo and Fortification powers. Squadmates aren't the best at utilizing the airburst capability of the weapon however and tend to waste shots when firing at enemies behind cover.
- Due to the grenade nature of its munitions, weapon mods or ammo bonuses that increase penetration are useless on the Falcon; its grenades simply bounce off physical obstacles. The Falcon in general is fairly ineffective against armored opponents. Additionally, the Falcon does not benefit from bonus headshot damage in any way.
- Due to the grenade nature of its munitions, ammo consumables and weapon mods that enhance penetration serve no purpose. The Falcon is not capable of penetrating armor, even with an armor penetrating mod or ammo consumable, such as the Assault Rifle Piercing Mod, Assault Rifle High-Velocity Barrel, Armor-Piercing Rounds, or Drill Rounds. These items do not work on the Falcon—its grenades simply bounce off walls and Guardian shields.
- The Falcon does not benefit from bonus headshot damage. Due to the grenade nature of the projectiles, headshots are not possible with this weapon. There is no benefit gained from or for using powers, gear, or consumable equipment with this assault rifle that increase headshot damage.
- This weapon can strip shields and armor quickly, allowing allied snipers to land quick, decisive shots.
- Because of the low ammo count, it is advised to choose a firing position close to an ammo box, as the Falcon will chew through its ammo swiftly.
- Following an update which reduced the Falcon's fire rate from 125 to 50 (2.5x slower), the effectiveness of the Falcon against single hardened targets is drastically reduced. It is highly recommended to equip an alternate weapon to deal with enemies like Atlases, Geth Primes and Banshees.
- Shortly after the rate of fire reduction mentioned above, the Falcon's damage was greatly increased from 210 to 280 at Falcon I to compensate. Several more updates have decreased the Falcons weight, making it a very lightweight weapon that is perfect for power reliant classes. Furthermore, the ability to stagger any trooper-sized enemy on demand ensures that projectile powers can never be dodged.
- The Falcon is an excellent support weapon, the airburst shells it fires will keep enemies suppressed and stunned should they be present in the blast radius. While it lacks the actual power to kill enemies swiftly alone, combined with a teammate(s) firing on your stunned targets, the enemy will be helpless and open for the team to kill, resulting in much faster kills and easier kills on potentially dangerous Geth Hunter and Phantom troops.
- Utilising either Cryo Rounds, Disruptor Rounds, or Incendiary Rounds can allow users of the Falcon to snap-freeze, stun, or cause panic among groups of unprotected enemies. Used in tandem with allies, this weapon can set up enemies for deadly crossfires denying them the ability to retaliate. The added effects are the potential Power Combos which can cause complete mayhem within enemy forces. Snap freeze and incinerate will prime enemies for Tech Bursts making this a potent weapon in the hands of an Engineer, used in combination with said ammo powers this weapon is capable of obliterating large crowds of weaker enemies. This method is also very effective against slow armored enemies such as the Atlas, weakening them to weapon damage from your teammates if the right upgrades are chosen by teammates.
- Following a recent patch, the Falcon's weight has been reduced considerably. With the above point in mind, this makes it one of the best (if not the best) weapon for use by "caster classes" that rely on Biotic Explosions (ex. using a Warp + Throw combination as your main source of damage).
- The Falcon is an excellent weapon for crowd control and general support purposes. The grenade ammunition can be bounced both from the floor and off walls. It appears that bouncing the grenade off the floor, causing it to explode at chest level (which is very easy to do) is both more accurate and more effective at stopping and killing enemies. This effect in conjunction with Cryo Ammo is extremely powerful and effective, as you can freeze entire waves of enemies at a time, or slow more powerful enemies down.
- The Falcon is quite a good candidate for an Assault Rifle Precision Scope mod. This will allow you to easily keep track of your shells' paths.
- With an Assault Rifle Thermal Scope revealing hidden enemies, the grenades can be bounced around corners to damage enemies hiding behind cover, sometimes knocking them out into the open.
Mass Effect: Andromeda[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
Lighter and more accurate than most grenade launchers, the Andromeda Initiative's M-37 Falcon generates its ammunition through a field fabrication kit. The launcher and explosives contain sensors that allow the miniature grenades to bounce off walls and cover, then detonate immediately on contact with a target.
Features[edit | edit source]
The M-37 Falcon is unable to use an Assault Rifle Receiver Mod. It also does not have a Concussive variant in multiplayer.
Post-launch, the weapon's stats gradually improved. Damage and max ammo trended upward, and as of the final update the multiplayer Falcon boasts improved clip size and reload speed (2.1 seconds from 2.5 seconds). The explosion radius of its grenades increased from 2 meters to 3 meters.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Modding the Falcon with a Beam Emitter results in a continuous stream of grenades that rapidly whittles down an enemy's health, in addition to providing numerous tiny explosions.
- The Falcon's bouncing grenades can help defend choke points and tight spots, especially during Hack or Upload waves.
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Rank||Damage||Rate of Fire||Max Clip Size||Max Ammo||Accuracy||Weight|
|Rank||Damage||Rate of Fire||Max Clip Size||Max Ammo||Accuracy||Weight|
Development[edit | edit source]
|Rank||Research Cost||Omni-Gel Canister||Copper||Nickel||Element Zero||Augmentation Slots|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mass Effect: Infiltrator features a specific model of the M-37 Falcon used by the turian escapee that can switch between automatic assault rifle and shotgun mode. Unlike its Mass Effect 3 counterpart, the M-37 Falcon in the mobile game will generate heat instead of using thermal clips.
|Mass Effect: Andromeda Weapons|
|Augmentations • Mods|
|Assault Rifles||L-89 Halberd • M-8 Avenger • M-37 Falcon • M-96 Mattock • Cyclone • N7 Valkyrie • Pathfinder Pioneer • P.A.W. • Revenant • Sandstorm • Soned • Sovoa • Sweeper • Thokin • X5 Ghost • Zalkin|
|Pistols||M-3 Predator • M-5 Phalanx • M-25 Hornet • Carnifex • Charger • Equalizer • N7 Eagle • N7 Hurricane • Pathfinder Ranger • Rozerad • Scorpion • Sidewinder • Silhesh • Talon • Ushior|
|Sniper Rifles||M-90 Indra • Black Widow • Incisor • Inferno • Isharay • Kishock Harpoon Gun • Lanat • Naladen • N7 Valiant • Pathfinder Observer • Raptor • Shadow • Vanquisher • Viper • Widow|
|Shotguns||M-23 Katana • Dhan • Disciple • Hesh • N7 Crusader • N7 Piranha • Pathfinder Deep Impact • Reegar Carbine • Ruzad • Scattershot • Shorty • Venom|
|Melee Weapons||Angaran Firaan • Asari Sword • Biotic Amplifier • Electric Firaan • Kett Carfalon • Kett Vakarsh • Krogan Hammer • Omni-Blade • Remnant Cryo-Gauntlet|