Mass Effect 2 Edit
Player Notes Edit
- Much like the Collector Particle Beam, this weapon consumes 5 units of ammunition at a time. Just like the Particle Beam, the Firestorm is very ammo efficient.
- The Firestorm provides some of the highest single-target anti-armor damage in the game and isn't bad against other types of protection by any means, however synthetic health (red bar) is more resistant to fire damage than organic health.
- The Firestorm is a very potent short range weapon that never needs to stop to reload in contrast to shotguns; however despite being a flamethrower it doesn't really cause any spread or "splash" damage and should be considered primarily a single-target weapon.
- Just like with other fire-based attacks such as Incinerate or Incendiary Ammo, hitting many unprotected organic enemies with the Firestorm can induce panic, causing them to flail around trying to put the fire out.
- The Firestorm does not cause any type of damage to Shepard or the squad regardless of difficulty setting allowing it to be fired at point blank range safely.
Mass Effect 3 Edit
- Single-player: Several are found throughout Attican Traverse: Krogan Team. This weapon is specific to this mission and cannot be taken off-world.
- Multiplayer: N/A
Player Notes Edit
- The Firestorm will burn slowly for a second, then after a second of the trigger being pressed, will burn much faster, for much more damage.
- Sometimes picking up another Firestorm while holding one with more ammunition will cause the Firestorm to be replaced with the one containing less ammunition, and the Firestorm with more ammunition will disappear.
- The name of this weapon references the book Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.
- If Shepard did not collect the M-451 Firestorm from Zorya, then it can be seen on Zaeed's back as you board the shuttle to depart.
See Also Edit
|Mass Effect 2 Downloadable Content|
|Promotional||Blood Dragon Armor • Collectors' Weapon and Armor • Inferno Armor |
M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle • Terminus Weapon and Armor
|Cerberus Network||Zaeed - The Price of Revenge • Normandy Crash Site |
Cerberus Weapon and Armor • Arc Projector • Firewalker Pack
|Missions||Kasumi - Stolen Memory • Overlord • Lair of the Shadow Broker • Arrival|
|Additional Content||Alternate Appearance Packs • Equalizer Pack • Aegis Pack • Firepower Pack |
Mass Effect: Genesis • Recon Operations Pack • N7 Complete Arsenal Bundle
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.