The Argus is a high-powered rifle favored by senior C-Sec officers. An excellent close-range weapon, its bursts of fire ensure ammunition conservation during lengthy conflicts. Other law-enforcement agencies across the galaxy are adopting the Argus as their standard rifle, as much for its intimidation factor as its suppression power.
Player Notes Edit
- The Argus rifle's three-round burst firing mode experiences substantial vertical climb. To combat this, either install an Assault Rifle Stability Damper or pull the rifle's aim down during the firing burst. Pulling the aim, when executed carefully, can make the weapon relatively accurate. When pulling the aim along with the Assault Rifle Stability Damper, the two can make the gun a relatively viable weapon for mid-range engagements.
- As with other high-recoil weapons, the Argus benefits greatly from the accuracy bonus granted when shooting from cover.
- Despite its burst fire mode, the Argus fulfills a very different role compared to the M-15 Vindicator. Whilst the Vindictor is effective at executing precise headshots at medium to long ranges, the Argus is most definitely NOT a long range weapon, and far more suited to taking down hardened units in close combat.
- The fire rate of the Argus is substantially slower than the Vindicator's, both in burst delay and the interval between individual shots.
- With a high-level Assault Rifle Stability Damper mod and the stability bonuses from the passive class power Turian Veteran or a high-level Barrage Upgrade are combined, the accuracy of the Argus will match that of the Vindicator. The Argus has higher base damage and better stopping power but more weight.
- Damage is also higher than that of the M-96 Mattock, this in a sense makes the Argus a harder-to-control, burst fire version of the Cerberus Harrier.
- The higher damage makes the Argus benefit significantly from the Assault Rifle Extended Barrel mod.
- The Assault Rifle High-Velocity Barrel gives significant anti-armor capabilities and penetration potential. If combined with the Assault Rifle Piercing Mod as well, the Argus will become a very proficient weapon against most foes. Just watch your fire, as your shots may go all over the place if you don't control your trigger finger.
- When paired with a Turian Soldier with points spent in passive class powers to increase weapon damage/accuracy and paired with Marksman with points spent on accuracy, you can make the Argus relatively accurate at range and still have room for Assault Rifle Piercing Mod and Assault Rifle Extended Barrel mods. This combination gives you an accurate heavy-hitting and fast-firing weapon that can snipe across the map when fired from cover. On the other hand, if you spend points on rate-of-fire for Marksman, you can fire off three shots very fast and potentially be able to hit your target before recoil significantly impacts where the rounds will hit on a target.