Mass Effect 2 Edit
Unleashes a storm of deadly high-velocity slugs. Less accurate than an assault rifle, but has a high ammo capacity and deals much more damage. Effective against armor, shields, and biotic barriers. Upgrades the Vindicator Battle Rifle.
This custom-made machine gun features technology not widely available. Protected against replication by sophisticated Fabrication Rights Management (FRM) technology, only the richest and most powerful warlords can afford this weapon.
Note: This weapon is exclusive to Shepard (and certain unique enemies); squadmates may not use it.
Player Notes Edit
- The Assault Rifle Accuracy (Targeting VI) upgrade mitigates the main weakness of the Revenant and transforms it into an absolutely lethal tool. However, burst firing should still be used at medium to long range.
- If firing the Revenant on fully automatic at close quarters, aim at the feet or legs – muzzle climb causes the reticule to travel up the enemy's body. The player can also mitigate the Revenant's muzzle climb by slowly and continually lowering their aim to compensate.
- The M-76 has a lower damage multiplier against shields and barriers than against armor.
- The Revenant possesses the largest magazine and spare ammo capacity of any assault rifle which complements its role as a sustained damage (as opposed to a burst damage) weapon. The Revenant excels at taking down large, powerful, armored enemy types with a lot of hitpoints such as Scions, Harbinger, YMIR mechs, or gunships. Running out of ammo should almost never be a concern.
- Adrenaline Rush negates recoil, allowing the player to fire with no muzzle climb.
- Hardened Adrenaline Rush is generally better for semi-automatic/automatic weapons such as the Revenant (see the Adrenaline Rush page for more info). It also provides a health buff that enables Shepard to take more return fire before having to retreat to cover.
- Shock Trooper is the recommended evolution to Combat Mastery as it provides one more valuable second to the duration of Adrenaline Rush plus a health buff that increases the amount of return fire Shepard can sustain before having to return to cover.
- Adrenaline Rush tends to benefit "burst damage" weapons more than sustained fire weapons such as the Revenant. Players may find it better to combine the Revenant with other powers such as Energy Drain, Reave, or Stasis that help with tanking through or suppressing enemy return fire.
Mass Effect 3 Edit
Mass Effect: Andromeda Edit
- There is an M-76 Revenant in Morinth's apartment on the wall, from which you can pick up an assault rifle upgrade.
- The Revenant is occasionally used by generic Blue Suns Commanders, including 'named' Blue Suns NPCs like Warden Kuril and Jentha. It is also carried by some of Aria's henchmen, Geth Primes and the Shadow Broker.
- The Revenant's name could be a reference to Shepard. A revenant is a spirit brought back from the dead to fulfill a certain purpose, much like Shepard in Mass Effect 2.
- Due to a graphical glitch, Shepard's hand clips through the weapon's grip in cutscenes, since it does not match the standard assault rifle pattern.
- Although the Revenant is easily the largest assault rifle in the game, the Revenant which appears in the Normandy SR-2's armory after the weapon's acquisition appears to be significantly smaller than the actual weapon, especially compared to the M-8 Avenger and M-15 Vindicator rifles lying next to it.
- The Revenant has two safety switches on the side of the gun; there is text above each one, reading "Lock" and "Load".
- On BioWare's official site, the reveal trailer for Zaeed shows him using the Revenant even though he cannot in the game.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda doesn't use the M-76 designation that prior Mass Effect games use for this assault rifle.
|Mass Effect: Andromeda Weapons|
|Augmentations • Mods|
|Assault Rifles||L-89 Halberd • M-8 Avenger • M-37 Falcon • M-96 Mattock • Cyclone • N7 Valkyrie • Pathfinder Pioneer • P.A.W. • Revenant • Sandstorm • Soned • Sovoa • Sweeper • Thokin • X5 Ghost • Zalkin|
|Pistols||M-3 Predator • M-5 Phalanx • M-25 Hornet • Carnifex • Charger • Equalizer • N7 Eagle • N7 Hurricane • Pathfinder Ranger • Rozerad • Scorpion • Sidewinder • Silhesh • Talon • Ushior|
|Sniper Rifles||M-90 Indra • Black Widow • Incisor • Inferno • Isharay • Kishock Harpoon Gun • Lanat • Naladen • N7 Valiant • Pathfinder Observer • Raptor • Shadow • Vanquisher • Viper • Widow|
|Shotguns||M-23 Katana • Dhan • Disciple • Hesh • N7 Crusader • N7 Piranha • Pathfinder Deep Impact • Reegar Carbine • Ruzad • Scattershot • Shorty • Venom|
|Melee Weapons||Angaran Firaan • Asari Sword • Biotic Amplifier • Electric Firaan • Kett Carfalon • Kett Vakarsh • Krogan Hammer • Omni-Blade • Remnant Cryo-Gauntlet|