Produced by Elanus Risk Control Services for the Eclipse mercenary band, the Tempest is an expensive but deadly addition to anyone's personal arsenal. This fully automatic submachine gun is punishing up close, but becomes less accurate at long range.
Player Notes Edit
- A Tempest attached with an SMG Magazine Upgrade and an SMG Heat Sink provides the second longest suppressive fire (without the need to reload), only beaten by the Geth Plasma SMG. Upgrading the level of the mods mentioned further increases the time it can be fired before the magazine empties. Upgrading the Tempest also increases its damage. Although the Geth Plasma SMG fires faster and has a bigger magazine, it needs to spin up to reach its peak rate of fire, thus limiting its flexibility.
- The recoil can be drastically reduced (but not eliminated) by playing as a Cabal Vanguard, Turian Sentinel, or a Turian Soldier and evolving Turian Veteran to increase stability. This makes the Tempest far better than the M-12 Locust or the M-4 Shuriken.
- A Turian Soldier is particularly effective with the Tempest, able to utilise its Marksman power to shred through enemies even on Gold.
- When equipped with a SMG Recoil System, the Tempest becomes a fabulous all-round weapon, and is decently effective at long range. When equipped with a SMG High-Velocity Barrel, it becomes a veritable powerhouse against targets such as Brutes, Banshees, and Atlases. This combination is perfect for power-oriented classes, since even without the SMG Ultralight Materials mod (which cannot be equipped at the same time as the SMG Recoil System) it is quite light. Essentially, the SMG Recoil System and SMG High-Velocity Barrel can turn the Tempest into a weapon that is noticeably superior to most of the lighter assault rifles (such as the M-8 Avenger, Geth Pulse Rifle, or Phaeston).
- A Turian Soldier utilizing Marksman with its Accuracy maxed from Turian Veteran, or an N7 Destroyer Soldier with Devastator Mode maxed for Accuracy bonuses can turn the Tempest into a very effective long range weapon. Combine this with a SMG Recoil System and you have a weapon that fires with pinpoint accuracy, allowing for constant headshots.