Project Team Edit
Project Team Members:
Project Goals Edit
The goal of Project Cartographer is to ensure that all Cluster, System, and Planet articles are laid out according to the Manual of Style, and that all planet articles contain the descriptions from the various games. If the description doesn't change, then use the first game it appears.
Project Coordination Space Edit
Ok, so here's the plan: We start with the various clusters and their associated systems, planets, etc in the alphabetical order, as they are listed in the Milky Way database.
We will make sure that the existing info's strictly matching with the in-game descriptions/codex and that there is no speculation on the properties of specific planets or stars and everything is in sync with the Manual of Style. No assumptions are to be made about a star's mass, luminosity, etc unless those details are mentioned in-game. A general clean-up is required across all system pages.
- Matching existing planetary descriptions with in-game info.
- Making sure all the missions associated with a system and its planets are mentioned.
- Making a single description for all planets, including info from all the three games and hence avoiding the need for sections. However the codex entries are not to be modified. Take a look at the Mos.
- Checking the accuracy of the results of the planetary mineral scans.
- For planets with colonies, checking the inhabiting race. No assumptions about population are to be made unless otherwise mentioned in the in-game codex. The dominant race is to be mentioned only and not the minority.
- Whenever possible, the real-world references to a cluster/system/planet's name can be mentioned.
- In ME3, the in-game codex of planets mentions the effects of the reaper war. Such info is strictly restricted to the codex section and is not to be brought in the description section.
Well, that's that. I hope more people sign up. There's a lot of work to be done.