Mass Effect 2
There are a total of eleven models to collect in Mass Effect 2; the first model, the Normandy SR-2, is already on display in the Captain's Cabin on the Normandy. The remaining models can be purchased from various locations, except for the Flotilla Vessel, which is found during Tali's loyalty mission and the Shadow Broker Base which is found during Lair of the Shadow Broker. Once a model is purchased, it will be placed on the model rack. It is possible to obtain discounted prices of the models by speaking to the shopkeeper or completing minor tasks.
|Model||Location||Credits / Discount||Availability|
|Normandy SR-2||Shepard's Cabin||–|
|Flotilla Vessel||The Alarei's bridge||–|
|Turian Cruiser||Omega Market||500 / 416|
|Destiny Ascension||Citadel Souvenirs||500 / 416|
|Sovereign||Citadel Souvenirs||500 / 416||Only available after the Horizon mission.|
|SSV Normandy||Citadel Souvenirs||500 / 416|
|Alliance Cruiser||Memories of Illium||500 / 416|
|UT-47 Kodiak Drop Shuttle||Memories of Illium||500 / 416||Only available after the Collector Ship mission.|
|Athabasca Class Freighter||Memories of Illium||500 / 416|
|Geth Ship||Harrot’s Emporium||2000 / 1666|
|Shadow Broker Base||Shadow Broker Base||–||Requires Lair of the Shadow Broker.|
Mass Effect 3
Any models acquired in Mass Effect 2 return in Mass Effect 3, and can be found scattered around the Normandy in the following locations:
|Normandy SR-2||Shepard's Cabin|
|Alliance Shuttle||Deck 2: In a stack of boxes next to the glass-walled conference room outside the War Room.|
|Destiny Ascension||Deck 3: In a box against the wall behind Thane's chair in Life Support.|
|Turian Cruiser||Deck 4: In a box at the bottom of the portside stairwell leading to the Engineering subdeck.|
|Shadow Broker Base||Deck 4: In the subdeck, behind some stacked boxes in front of the workbench on the starboard side. It is only present if the Lair of the Shadow Broker content for Mass Effect 2 was purchased.|
|Sovereign||Deck 4: In the subdeck, in a large box behind the workbench.|
|Geth Cruiser||Deck 5: In a large pile of boxes near Cortez's workbench on the starboard side.|
|Alliance Cruiser||Deck 5: In a large pile of boxes near Cortez's workbench on the starboard side.|
|Normandy SR-1||Deck 5: In a box just in front of the portside shuttle, to the right of James's workstation.|
|Quarian Ship||Deck 5: In a stack of boxes to the left of the entrance to James's workstation.|
|Freighter||Deck 5: In a nook on the port side, behind James's workstation. The corridor that leads there is directly behind the weapon bench.|
Additional ships will become available at 1,000 credits on the Citadel after completing priority missions. They may be purchased at a 10% markup (1,100 credits) through the Alliance Requisitions in the shuttle bay.
|Kodiak Drop Shuttle||Kassa Fabrication||Only available after Priority: The Citadel I|
|Citadel||Nos Astra Sporting Goods||Only available after Priority: Palaven|
|Alliance Dreadnought||Kassa Fabrication||Only available after Priority: Sur'Kesh|
|Alliance Fighter||Kassa Fabrication||Only available after Priority: Sur'Kesh|
|Quarian Liveship||Elkoss Combine Arsenal Supplies||Only available after Priority: Geth Dreadnought|
|Geth Fighter||Elkoss Combine Arsenal Supplies||Only available after Priority: Geth Dreadnought|
- The model you get on the rack after purchasing it in Mass Effect 2 isn't actually a UT-47. It matches the concept of a "human heavy cruiser" from The Art of Mass Effect art book and is identified as an "Alliance Shuttle" in Mass Effect 3. The design can be seen at the beginning of Kasumi's loyalty mission, and appears similar to the vessel that brings in Gatatog Uvenk near the end of Grunt's loyalty mission; but neither of them is explicitly identified.
- The set of model space ships somewhat resembles a similar display in the Enterprise-D's Observation Lounge/Briefing room in Star Trek: The Next Generation. A similar display is also visible in the same location on the Enterprise-E in the three Star Trek movies that feature the Sovereign-Class vessel.
- In Mass Effect 2, the Shadow Broker Base model is placed on the desk, rather than the model rack. In Mass Effect 3, it is transferred to the second model rack.
- The Citadel model rotates on its display; all other models are stationary.
- Mass Effect 3: Citadel features a second Normandy SR-2 ship model in Shepard's Personal Apartment. There is also a model of the Citadel as well as a freighter and the old Alliance ship design from the original Mass Effect.