Bruised and bloody Alliance marines on Torfan attributed their survival against waves of batarian mercenaries to the precision and stopping power of the Crusader. With a design patterned on riot shotguns, this weapon has a moderate rate of fire that rewards careful aiming. Since this accuracy requires little room for error, the Crusader is primarily used by highly trained soldiers.
E-mail: N7 Weaponry Edit
Player Notes Edit
- Instead of a spray of pellets, the Crusader fires a single, high-precision slug.
- The slug the Crusader shoots is capable of piercing through thin materials, similar to the Javelin and M-98 Widow.
- One major drawback is the fact that the slug projectile will only hit the center of the cross-hairs, which reduces close-range effectiveness.
- Firing the Crusader from the hip sacrifices very little, if any, accuracy.
- Due to the nature of the Crusader, it is often better to use the Crusader as more of a sniper rifle (without the scope). Headshots are very lethal and, unlike other shotguns, are not down to luck of pellet spread at range; if the crosshairs are placed on the enemy head, it will do the same damage regardless of range.
- The Crusader has a high rate of fire for a shotgun, however a large amount of vertical recoil is produced after each shot, which will cause rapidly-fired shots to miss unless at close range if not compensated for.
- Because all of the damage is placed into a single slug projectile, and not multiple lower-damage pellets, the Crusader is more effective against armored targets when compared to other shotguns.
- The Crusader is viciously powerful at longer ranges, on par with most sniper rifles and semi-automatic assault rifles, allowing it to act as an effective substitute for weapons like the M-99 Saber or M-92 Mantis.
- The Crusader has a spread of 0, therefore the Shotgun Smart Choke mod does not affect accuracy at all.
- There is an ~0.1 second fire delay between trigger pull and the shot being actually fired. In spite of that slight delay, the weapon is still considered a hitscan weapon, as the slug projectile scores an immediate hit, and there is no need to compensate for the delay.
- Unlike most shotguns, equipping the Crusader on a squadmate will prompt that character to keep their distance from the enemy instead of closing in.