An otherwise normal member of the species, talking to it also does nothing. When Shepard turns around, however, the Cow promptly begins stealing the Spectre's credits slowly, and will even follow the Commander around. It can be found near the southwestern corner of the operational area, near a deposit of gold.
- The Cow can be killed with a single shot but will disappear and respawn in a few moments. Doing so does not recover any lost credits, however.
- According to a post by Lead Technical Designer Dusty Everman on the official Mass Effect forums, the Shifty Cow easter egg's nature is as follows:
“I love the history of the Shifty Cow easter egg. When the character artists designed the space cow with two extra arms, Preston, our lead designer, was a little creeped out. His comment was "You can’t trust any animal that can milk itself." Those extra little hands look so... grabby. So Preston came up with the idea of Shifty Cow. Turn your back on him, and those creepy little hands are going to go to work. Kiss those credits goodbye.”
- The Shifty Looking Cow is referenced in the Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC at the Armax Arsenal Arena and the Castle Arcade, where one of the names on the high scores leaderboard is "Shifty Cow".
- The Shifty Looking Cow's money-stealing behavior is briefly referenced in BioWare's Dragon Age: Inquisition Trespasser DLC.
- Shifty Cow was used in one of the concept art for The Vortex on the Nexus, from Mass Effect: Andromeda.
- ↑ http://meforums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=601678&forum=123&sp=16
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2CsdE1HAD0
- ↑ The Art of Mass Effect Andromeda, pg. 43