- See also: Codex: Special Tasks Group
The Special Tasks Group (STG) is a salarian espionage organization, usually deployed by the Citadel Council. STG operators work in independent cells, performing dangerous missions such as counterterrorism, infiltration, reconnaissance, assassination, and sabotage. They are currently very active in the Terminus Systems.
The STG form a large part of the salarian military due to their heavy focus on gathering intelligence before making a move. They are used to monitor "developing situations" because they tend to attract less attention than more prominent figures, such as Spectres. This also allows them to quietly "handle" troublesome individuals. STG operators are brutally practical, devoted to accomplishing their mission regardless of the cost involved to others or themselves. Nevertheless, STG operators are highly flexible, accustomed to carrying out their missions on shoestring resources and changing their tactics when necessary.
STG operatives who showed exceptional skill were some of the first Spectre candidates. The records of STG missions are sealed and even the greatest agents are only known by codenames. These include the Ever Alert, who kept armies at bay with hidden facts; another, known as the Silent Step, was so successful he once defeated a nation with a single shot. However, the STG's role in tracking down the infamous League of One is common knowledge.
- Contemporary Operatives
- Cpt. Arlon
- Cpt. Stenvon
- Jondum Bau (former operative, now a Spectre)
- Pvt. Menos Avot
- Maelon Heplorn (former operative)
- Lt. Ganto Imness
- Lt. Jenzin
- Captain Kirrahe
- Commander Rentola
- Mordin Solus (former operative)
- Lieutenant Tolan
- Major Saelen Varn (former operative)
- Col. Vaykom
- Padok Wiks (former operative)
- Agent Zeta (former operative)
- League of One Hunters
- Captain Milon - A dead salarian on Edolus can be found carrying Milon's ID tag.
- Captain Stranaka - Another long-dead salarian on Mavigon has Stranaka's ID tag among his personal effects.
- Captain Thein - Thein's ID tag can be found buried under a beacon on Casbin, but there is no evidence of who buried it or why.
- Captain Varsinth - A dead Cerberus soldier found on Nepheron has Varsinth's ID tag in his possession.
- The ND1 Nomad has a paint job named after the Silent Step. There's also a series of short films about the Ever Alert.