The Striker is a fully-automatic weapon that functions more as a grenade launcher than a rifle, firing high-impact slugs that detonate on contact. The weapon increases its rate of fire the longer the trigger is held, which is devastating if the weapon can be kept on-target. In an attempt to market the Striker outside of the Krogan DMZ, the gun was designed to be fired by non-krogan, but its recoil tends to off-balance smaller species. Enthusiasts point out that the target on the receiving end of a Striker has far worse things to worry about than its shooter's balance.
The Striker Assault Rifle is available after downloading the Mass Effect 3: Groundside Resistance Pack.
Player Notes Edit
- As the trigger is held down to increase the rate of fire, the vertical kickback recoil also increases dramatically, making the Striker one of the hardest weapons to aim and control.
- The high rate of fire will deplete your reserve ammo rather quickly. Adding an Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade mod will help alleviate this problem.
- Adding the Assault Rifle Stability Damper drastically decreases the kickback of the gun, making it easier to control.
- Due to the rounds being explosive, they will often deal damage to multiple enemies close to the primary impact point.
- Due to the explosive nature of its munitions, Weapon Mods or ammo bonuses that increase penetration are useless here.
- The Striker does not benefit from bonus headshot damage. Due to the explosive nature of the projectiles, headshots are not possible with this weapon. There is no benefit gained from or for using powers with this assault rifle that increase headshot damage.
- If you find it difficult to hit your target, it can be an effective strategy to aim at the ground near them.
- The aim at the ground strategy can also be used to effectively take out Guardians or targets hiding around corners.
- The Striker is also effective against Cerberus' Atlases, especially for Engineers, as their Overload can help lower the Atlas' shields, and the explosive rounds do a fair amount of damage to its armor.
- This weapon will stun unshielded non-heavy units.
- Firing from cover dramatically improves the Striker's accuracy.
- Cloaking after the Striker achieves its maximum fire rate will not break cloak. By pairing this with an Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade you can get several shots off while cloaked before reloading.
- Adrenaline Rush can be used very effectively with this weapon, especially with an Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade mod. This can allow you to push out up to 42 grenades before needing to reload, making this weapon extremely capable of dealing with groups of enemies.
- The full potential of this weapon can be realised when combined with Cryo Ammo. The large number of grenades that the Striker can push out in a short space of time can snap-freeze entire platoons of enemy infantry in very little time. Any that aren't frozen are slowed and made less capable of evading your shots.