"A human vehicle similar to the Mako appears throughout the game, sporting a similar design, although it is lower to the ground, has wheel covers and has a different turret design. It is possible this is the M29 Grizzly, but no markings are visible on it and it cannot be identified."
Thsi vehicle is, as you surmise, the Grizzly. It never ended up being named in-game. Stormwaltz 23:59, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
Inside the Mako picture Edit
To replace the low resolution "InsideMako" picture, I have made one in 720p resolution. Have no fear or copyrights, I assure you these are made by me from the in-game cut scenes played with a Bink video player and captured with "Print Screen". Anyone could have done the same :) I have posted across a few articles, so be sure to check them out as well (Sovereign, Destiny Ascension, FTL, M35 Mako, Mass Relay and Citadel). As I have no idea how to upload images here I will let you do it.
126.96.36.199 17:22, 24 July 2008 (UTC)Darkdrium
Re-entering the Mako in combat Edit
"The developers wouldn't make it so you would die if you re-enter a badly damaged mako" SonicBlue
- I'd hope not, but unfortunately it's happened to me several times. Like I said in the article though, this only occurs if there are enemies nearby. --Tullis 17:55, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
It is most likely a bug. I wouldn't be surprised, developers aren't gods we make mistakes.
Enemies holding on Edit
Every once in a while a geth i ran over will hold on to the mako and for some reason it seems to mess up gravity, because my mako starts bouncing around strangely Death reap 16:45, 18 October 2008 (UTC)
Tactics section Edit
I wonder, does this need splitting out into a Mako Guide? --Tullis 20:41, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
near Zero-G mako Edit
the Low-G Mako glitch doesn't just happen when you have a Geth, etc. holding on, as this has happened to me on Ilos, driving down the tunnel. at the time, I fixed it by saving, turning off my 360, and reloading the game, as this was near the timed portion and I didn't want to fail that. the thing about Zero-G mako glitch/cheat is that you can get to the upper reaches of the tunnel if you are diligent enough. and they even textured those areas, which is nice. usually designers only texture the places you can normally see. --Zero-G Mako 22:01, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
Upside-down Mako Solution Edit
The Mako will right itself when it's upside-down if you don't press anything, meaning this particular situation isn't game-breaking. If someone else can confirm this I (or someone else) can add it to the article. ArmeniusLOD 11:42, January 6, 2010 (UTC)
This is because the programmed center of gravity is below the wheels, undergound when you are rightside up. This makes it more stable than any real vehicle in existence or that will exist in the future. While this makes it hard to flip, it's still possible, and it's still possible to get the mako stuck on mountainous or even rough terrain. But normally, yes, it will right itself.Zero-G Mako 12:11, January 6, 2010 (UTC)
Mako design Edit
Personally I always felt the Mako's design was influenced by the Vector W8 Supercar and wouldn't be surprised if the designers in charge took cues from it.Saremei 18:37, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
If Q is taken Edit
Then the exit mako command is bumped to H. This is hard for the end-user to find out, and the only way to change it back is manual editing. 188.8.131.52 01:59, September 7, 2010 (UTC)
Lancer's undo: hasty? Edit
Someone's edit was immediately undone, without discussion (Undo revision 156671 by Qrayx (talk)completely unnecessary for this article, also relevance to other content?). I'm not convinced that the list added was "completely unnecessary", although it is not absolutely necessary. It seems completely useful, and harmless. As for its relevance, the article is for the Mako. It would be difficult to be more relevant. One sentence already mentions in passing that the Mako is used "countless times" (the list, then, just "counts" those times). It would be rendered somewhat superfluous, however, if the article said something like, "The Mako is used on all non-plot worlds on which Shepard can land (including Asteroid X57), as well as on all plot worlds except Eden Prime." Even then, the list would be more useful, if longer. Anyway, Lancer, I think your undo was too hasty; please explain why you undid useful and relevant information, which could benefit viewers and players, and would harm no one (if it falls beneath the Spoilers warning). --AnotherRho 04:29, September 20, 2010 (UTC)
PC 'halt' bug Edit
On the PC version, if you hit the Escape button to open the menu while the Mako is in the air (not contacting the ground at all), when you return to the game the Mako loses all movement (rotation and linear velocity), which can be useful if it is falling or tumbling.
Can someone (two someones apparently, thanks SanjayBeast) verify this is so, so it can be added to the main page.
I like to use it to drop off high cliffs and then stop near the ground. :)
I'm on the PC 1.02 version but IIRC this was true on the 1.00 version.
- Yup, tested on two different saves and confirmed - only appears to work if you haven't used thrusters to slow yourself (i.e. doesn't appear to work if thrusters are active and you hit escape). Also, doesn't work if there is a killzone (lava etc), as obvious as that may sound.SanjayBeast (talk) 17:16, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Awesome, thanks for testing that! Here's hoping someone else will too - and I'm very curious about the XBox.
- Interesting about the thrusters, I'd missed that, though do you mean that it doesn't work at the same time as using thrusters, or that it doesn't work after thrusters? I think you mean the former, I'll test that myself.
- I also find it strange that it doesn't work if even one wheel is touching ground, go figure.
- I tested the bug happing if thrusters are on, I find that it not only works, it turns off thrusters. However the timing is fiddly, and it's late, I'm not going to assert that 100%. Would any kind third person like to confirm this bug and check the thruster thing as well?
Source on 155mm Mass Accelerator Edit
Looking for the source of the 155mm gun, I haven't been able to find it. I'm curious as to where that came from since a 155mm is an artillery caliber rather than a tank or IFV one. Anyone have a source on that? It's not the Codex entry. Luke Danger (talk) 15:25, June 27, 2014 (UTC)
Source found by one of my co-authors on a fanfic and added to the page. http://masseffect.bioware.com/me1/galacticcodex/mako.html Luke Danger (talk) 18:11, October 21, 2014 (UTC)
A "camjob" and "gibberish filename" are no excuse to remove sourced data. The camjob is still, as of this time of writing, the best image there is, and the filename can be moved. The data is otherwise sourced and was free of speculation.--Hawki (talk) 08:36, July 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, ignore the last part, turns out only the image was removed. I'd argue it's better to have the image in rather than nothing, but it's not worth starting a debate about.--Hawki (talk) 08:41, July 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Hawki, as I already said on your talk page several months ago, developments information or "rumors" (even if partially confirmed by devs) aren't valid for the wiki. These information about "ME4" are still developments images and are heavily susceptible to evolve in the time and they are thus not "canon". However those info are more than welcome on a blog like your or Nord's as it can gather every peace of info we have for now before the official release. This rule may seem restrictive for you but I assure you that it is necessary to ensure the wiki coherence and quality ;). Have a good day.--DeldiRe (talk) 08:44, July 29, 2014 (UTC)
Paragon Lost Revisions Removed Edit
Okay, why was the edit I did for the Mako as shown in Paragon Lost removed? I want an answer. It's in the trivia that the Mako's interior is portrayed and I actually went through the trouble to get an image for it for those curious. I get that when I did the Praetorian a while back I used a JPEG when it should of been a png, but it should of checked out. Why was it undone? It was an M35 Mako, it was used in the story, shouldn't it be noted in the wiki for completeness? Luke Danger (talk) 11:15, September 17, 2014 (UTC)
- duplicate image. see recent uploads. also not the most optimal image for the pertinent writeup, which can be rewritten and expanded to be more about the vehicle variant rather than its story role. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 07:40, September 18, 2014 (UTC)
Yeah, I found that out after. I hadn't looked at James Vega for a while, so I didn't realize someone else had uploaded an image just like the one I had grabbed two days earlier. Though, was it necessary to remove the whole thing? I mean, we basically talk about the vehicle's story role in ME2 and ME3 since they're not used in game mechanics at all - replaced by the Hammerhead in ME2 DLC and just glorified setpieces in ME3. So removing the whole thing seems a little counter-productive. The image, sure, replace it with the original that was an honest mistake, but nuke the whole site from orbit? Seemed a little extreme. Though, I will at least shove a copy of the other image into the trivia section since it WAS noted there. Also, when was it stated that the variant in Paragon Lost was a variant? There was nothing implying that it was a variant of the standard Mako the way the M29 Grizzly had a civilian variant in the VT7. Now, some guys on another forum speculated it was a civilian variant because there was no bulkhead between the driver and the passengers like IRL IFVs have, but that's speculation and does not belong on the wiki. Story role is basically what there is for it and honestly, if nothing else it should at least have a section from Paragon Lost for completeness. Luke Danger (talk) 11:11, September 18, 2014 (UTC)
learn this bit of maintenance information and you'll do fine.
- it's the editor's responsibility to ensure his/her edits are up to snuff. i deem yours in need of significant change, automatic revert no questions asked. the process is a one-click button. i can evidently write something up to standard, but it ultimately falls to you to watch and learn especially as i have too many other things to manage and doublecheck here and elsewhere.
- semantics. the PL mako has elements visually distinct from the ingame variant, so a variant it is. call it whatever you like, the focus should be more on the vehicle and less on story. to clarify: i am not saying exclude the story role altogether. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 11:28, September 18, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm also in favor of a paragraph dedicated to Paragon Lost but the formatting need to be rethink (as Temp said, design stuff is more interesting than storyline). I would suggest to propose something in a sandbox page based on what you had already done. You can use my picture to show Mako's interior and I will provide another image for the article James Vega. Good luck ;) --DeldiRe (talk) 11:49, September 18, 2014 (UTC)
@ TemporaryEditor: Krogan also look different in Paragon Lost. Should we write a subsection of a krogan subspecies for the Paragon Lost version of them? Again, I'd of been okay with what you did if you at least put in a note about why or "This isn't up to snuff with standards, please rewrite in accordance to standards". Takes five seconds to put a note on that and it avoids the issue. I mean, when I did editing for the Kim Possible wiki even when it was a guy borderline vandalizing (kept changing the terms Freshmen, Sophmore, Junior, and Senior to the corresponding grade) I still made a point of explaining what was wrong. Call it personal etiquette, but if you're going to outright remove something with the push of a button at least put in the spark notes version as to why so the bit can be improved later. And far as I knew it was in policy, obviously not but let's focus on trying to get it fixed. @ DeldiRe: I don't see why we need two separate images; for James Vega it shows Vega's team on a new mission, here it shows the Mako's interior. I thought the image of the team moving out from the Mako to the relic would of been a nice shot for what you wanted that instead, but all the shots I could grab had Vega's head missing (if it was Shepard that wouldn't of been a problem, but...). I grabbed a Mako exterior image, though, for Sandbox usage and so we can discuss what to do. ( http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/File:Paragon_Lost_-_Mako_Exterior_1.png ) I don't see too many differences besides maybe the paintjob, but that's for the sandbox. Luke Danger (talk) 12:23, September 18, 2014 (UTC)
- As you missused the sandbox page, I created one for you to show you how it can be done. You can access your proposal here : User_talk:Luke_Danger/sandbox/M35_Mako. I have also uploaded a new image in the article for Vega. Now you may use the HD picture of mako's interior in your proposal as you see fit. Good luck ;)--DeldiRe (talk) 17:59, September 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Whoops. Misread the intended use for the sandbox page. Thanks for fixing that. Though, I'm not sure why we can't use the same image across two different articles. Is there a reason for that? Seems a bit unusual, but thanks either way. Luke Danger (talk) 00:07, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
Andromeda section Edit
Should we add it? It's been begging me since this morning.--Observer Supreme 17:46, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
The fact that it's supposed to be "new and improved" makes me think it might have a new numerical designation and might warrant a new page (or a renaming of this page). TheUnknown285 (talk) 18:24, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Good point.--Observer Supreme 19:11, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
- obviously a rename isn't a wise decision (or allowed) at any point since it's the vehicle's formal designation across all known lore materials to date. fan speculation points to another numerical designation, but unless we obtain official materials declaring or showing as such we won't jump the gun.
- an argument can be made for a one- or two-sentence (sourced) trivia item saying that the mako will make a comeback in MEA sporting those "new and improved" features, on the stipulation that when we finally have more information it would be removed since it will be covered more in-depth in its own article (or section) anyway. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 00:10, June 19, 2015 (UTC)