Timed side mission(s)
I'm going to add a line to Jack's side mission stating that the mission is timed. I'm actually not very far into the game but I think it'd help if we can note if there are other side missions that have similar requirements as well in the article.126.96.36.199 10:13, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
Side-Mission Availability mix-up
I think there is a mix up in when some of the side missions first become available. For instance, "Shrike Abyssal: Prothean Obelisk" is listed as first being available after Priority: The Citadel, but that star cluster doesn't show up until after completion of Priority: Pavalen. Where as Kite's Nest: Pillars of Strength is immediately available after Priority: The Citadel, as Kite's Nest is one of the first 6 star clusters.--N7Legion 23:47, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Unless I'm misunderstanding your intent, the layout consists of exactly what it says. A mission becoming available doesn't necessarily mean it can be completed. It's simply noting that it is the earliest the mission will register under the Missions portion of the menu. Just to clarify. If I misunderstood, let me know. Hefe 16:12, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
- I also wish, one could see when a Sidequest really can get started (Not only, when it can be accuired). Ya, I know it would be a bit more than the headline promisses - but so much more handy ... that what I'd expect from a "Guide" !! ;) I tried to edit the article with short notes about this, but they were deleted. ...Because of "horrible organization and wording". -Both i cant agree with. Unfortunately the deleter missed to publish alternative solutions for the mentioned overview-issue. Well i shared my notes, which helped me well in the given organisation and which I was missing here. Too sad for those, who could make more use of it than the deleter... 188.8.131.52 02:11, July 28, 2012 (UTC)NoUseForAName
- the guide hands out information from general (mission acquisition) to specific (where to acquire). you can get specifics like where the missions get started from the mission articles themselves, which are linked to this page. your edits are a bit redundant, which is the real reason, i guess, why your edits were reverted. it just takes a bit of clicking to dig through the information, laziness on the user's part is inexcusable. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 02:27, July 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Laziness on the userpart is what its all about with these wikis !! ;) And since I (and surely others) wanna use the side-missions-overview on the secondary Display, it destroys the last bit of atmosphere always having to tab out of the game. 184.108.40.206 07:03, July 28, 2012 (UTC)TooLazyForAName
Should be: Missions Guide
The article title is inaccurate. This is more a guide to mission availability than a guide to ME3, nothing more than an outline of what mission is available when, hence it should be called "Mass Effect 3 Mission Availability List" or somesuch.
Also I cannot locate a counterpart, which would be a list of what missions must be completed by when (i.e.: "Mass Effect 3 Mission Deadline List"). Yes, I know this is listed in (some of) the individual main plot mission entries, but that is like dispersing this list among the articles for each main plot mission instead of gathering them up as they are here. I may gather this info up into one, if nobody can point me to an existing one. Even nicer would be to have both things incorporated into one, but I've tried to wrap my brain around that and can't see how it would be done without resorting to something akin to a Gantt chart. GlassDeviant (talk) 12:06, September 7, 2012 (UTC)
- We have a general guide for each of the games, and this is intended to be the general guide to ME3, nothing else. It is only a mission outline and doesn't list all mission deadlines (we wouldn't make a separate article for that) at present because it has not yet been expanded. -- Commdor (Talk) 13:57, September 7, 2012 (UTC)
Side Mission cutoffs
Can someone put notes next to the missions that become unavailable once a certain Priority mission is Started\Completed? I.E The Citadel: Barla Von mission that becomes incomplete after the Priority: Tuchanka mission?
- some of the missions that don't have unavailability notes are ones that needed confirmation from three or more users - discussions usually take place in the talkpage. look for bits there or start one yourself, for starters you can take a look at Talk:Tuchanka: Turian Platoon#Available Until. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 04:26, October 22, 2012 (UTC)
- i'd also like to point out that this article is merely a list of the missions that may be undertaken at a given moment; specifics of availability/unavailability are more often found on the mission pages themselves. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 04:28, October 22, 2012 (UTC)
- I think I've got all the missions marked in Priority: Palaven. I had originally put this as a list, but Trandra did not like that format and I don't want to start an edit war. Every note beside a mission was already on the missions individual page. Here's hoping this will same some other poor schmuck from having to replay the entire tuchanka and citadel II missions over again.
220.127.116.11 16:51, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
"Real" side missions vs. "Truly side" missions
Right now we have the "real" side missions (e.g. ones where you actually choose a squad, or at least land on a place, etc) all mixed together with the purely planet-scanning and happen-to-pick-this-up-while-on-an-N7-mission missions. I would love to see a bit more distinction drawn here. Sufficient would probably just be putting the "real" missions first under each section and the "scanning"-type missions last. Possibly with a sub-heading for each category. Thoughts? Any reason not to do that? Cattlesquat (talk) 01:54, April 21, 2013 (UTC)
- ever since ME classic there has always been a bunch of "missions" and "assignments" that amounted to little more than "talk to guy, mission accomplished". recruiting wrex or settling the petrovsky family dispute, for starters.
- there's no pressing need for more categorization, mission content for most cases can be derived rather intuitively from the name itself.
- "citadel: xx" missions mean "fetch quest". so are missions whose names start with some cluster or another (hades nexus: xx). and all "aria: xx" missions.
- N7: xx" ones almost always mean "bring guns and squaddies". so are missions whose names start with a priority planet (tuchanka: xx).
- distinct location names (arrae, "attican traverse", grissom academy, kallini) mean bring guns and squaddies and potentially meet up with an ex squaddie. there's only two other distinctly named locations that are fetch quests, outliers both: dekuuna and irune.
- now with everything above in hand you get a terribly lopsided list almost as unhelpful as not having the list in the first place. ME3 has that many fetch quests. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 06:44, April 21, 2013 (UTC)
- An important distinction though: in this case we're talking about the ME3 Guide, not the mission/assignment list. It has a slightly different purpose, e.g. to help players, especially newish ones who haven't learned all the intuitive-ways-to-derive-things, progress through the game. ME2 Guide currently doesn't contain any of the N7 assignment lists, for example, so it's certainly not a master mission/assignment guide. And as you describe above we've ended up with a terribly lopsided list. Currently we don't seem to have any sorting/ordering paradigm beyond which main plot mission they're gated on - so a huge start IMHO would just be putting all the "real" missions at the top of the list, and maybe a blank line before the fetch quests. One step better, also IMHO of course, would be a header marking the fetch quest sections as such. Cattlesquat (talk) 13:42, April 21, 2013 (UTC)
I am stuck on the ship were it is having me go on elevator to captians cabin ,combat imfor!atipm center,crew deck,engineering,shuttle bay ,i dont know what to do nexted , can anybody help me ,thanks