Negotiating peace: Different precursor with open Paragon/Renegade dialog option? Edit
From what I have read here Tali or Legion (depending on the initial option you chose after killing the Reaper) should protest on your choice. However, I got an interesting interlude here before getting the Paragon and Renegade options to negotiate peace between the geth and the quarians.
The following prerequisites have been met:
- Extended Cut DLC installed (just in case this DLC alters something within the sequence)
- ME2: Both Tali and Legion have been loyal (with loyalty retained during their brief dispute in the server room - Paragon option selected here)
- ME2: Tali has not been exiled, and the evidence has not been revealed (Paragon option chosen to resolve Tali: Treason)
- ME2: Heretics rewritten during Legion's loyalty mission
- ME2: Both Tali and Legion survived the suicide mission
- ME3: All must-have criteria met (Both Tali and Legion present, Rannoch: Geth Fighter Squadrons resolved, Reputation bar maxed out - with negligible amount of Renegade points)
- ME3: Admiral Koris saved from doom
- ME3: Initially allowed Legion to commence the upload
Now, instead of Tali objecting to my choice, she contacted the quarian fleet to call off the impending attack, but was gruffly cut off by Admiral Gerrel who overruled her demand of a cease-fire, subsequently opening both the Paragon and the Renegade options.
Now I wonder whether or not this is caused by the Extended Cut DLC. Anyone who is able to reproduce this without said add-on? In case this CAN be reproduced, this would be an excellent indicator on whether or not the Paragon and/or Renegade dialog options will open up for the second choice.
- you misread the walkthrough.
- tali always contacts the admiral first, then begs you not to go through, if you allow the upload. in legion's scenario, gerrel speaks first before legion protests.
- also, []. look at the vid timestamp. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 03:22, July 20, 2013 (UTC)
The wording seems unclear, there's no save point after killing the reaper so I really don't want to get this wrong. Say I want peace, but if there can be no peace I want the Geth as a War Asset... then I upload, then side with Legion again (ignoring the charm/ intimidate choices) and THEN a reputation check for peace? or is the charm option my rep check for the peace option? 220.127.116.11 21:11, April 1, 2015 (UTC)
Error in peace requirements? Edit
it appears the guide is wrong regarding the requirements for peace between Geth and Quarians. I have just now completed the Priority Rannoch mission with a save import from ME1 and ME2 and was able to make peace with the following prior decision:
- destroyed Geth heretics (2 points) - prevented Tali's exile by presenting evidence to the council (0 points) - Tali/ Legion loyality argument did not trigger because Tali did not become loyal (0 points) - saved Admiral Koris (2 points)
Hence, with 4 points I should not have been able to achieve peace. However, I did.
..did the Asari Councilor (Tevos/Irissa) say that QEC is an unsecured channel? (at the very end of the mission/debriefing)
Removes your selected weapon at end - does this need confirmation? Edit
This mission, like others in which Shepard is given a "special gun" to use (for example Rannoch: Geth Fighter Squadrons), leaves Shepard equipped with a default pistol, only, at the end of the mission. So you need to pay attention on your next mission or you'll find yourself stuck on Thessia or wherever with only a stupid pistol. I think this is probably worth a warning note in the Aftermath or wherever. Not sure whether this should be interpreted as a "bug" requiring more confirmations, or merely a natural feature the system. So for now I'll leave this here hoping either for confirmations or otherwise encouragement that it's valid to note. Cattlesquat (talk) 00:57, February 26, 2014 (UTC)
- notes in respective aftermath sections should suffice. configuration resets are to be expected if your last equipped weapon doesn't exist in your regular arsenal. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 07:41, February 26, 2014 (UTC)