Any idea what those strange red things are? I found about thirty scattered around the back two rooms of the base in this mission. They look like red hershey's kisses with four points instead of one. They balance on three and the fourth sticks up. When shot they explode like gasbags. Maybe eggsacs?--184.108.40.206 19:24, November 14, 2009 (UTC)
- They are Rachni egg casings.
Loot listing incorrect? Edit
The description of loot available in the left room appears to be incorrect. Played today, the only objects available in the room are:
Two storage lockers. One wetware kit. One malfunctioning object.
Game is patched to v 1.02, which appears to be the most recent.
Was it changed in the patch perhaps? Valethar 06:46, January 30, 2011 (UTC)
- I found the loot description to be incorrect, too. There were no crates in the room, nor a technician kit. I'm playing on the latest PC version on Steam. -Sophia (talk) 13:50, February 18, 2014 (UTC)
Also worth noting, the room to the right contains one malfunctioning object, but it's to the left not right as described in the article. Played on PC, latest version from Origin. ZypA13510 (talk) 07:52, September 23, 2018 (UTC)
Egg casings trivia note? Edit
- not trivia. if you're looking (which obviously you're not) it's already illustrated as a rachni egg in the rachni article. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 04:07, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
- that's where I grabbed the picture link (I would have though that was obvious). But the egg casings happen in this mission only, and are kind of striking in themselves in addition to the obvious prima facie discontinuity with me3. I thought that might be worth some attention in the article/trivia, but I know trivia gets a bit subjective on what's worth having. Just putting it out there, wasn't going to add without discussion. Cattlesquat (talk) 13:25, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
- and this isn't even worth discussing. why? you're coming from a highly speculative viewpoint. ME's rachni are the pure deal. ME3's rachni are reaper-mutated monstrosities to say the least. in the absence of devsources at least make reasonable claims that cannot be accounted for in-universe before putting this "out here". until then, you're just offering inaccurate speculation no better than other talkpage-prohibited material. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 13:42, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
- I came to the talk page to ask what might or might not be okay to be posted in the main article, not to propound a speculative point of view, so if mentioning-in-passing one of the thoughts that occurred to me somehow crossed a line then I'm happy to retract it and have crossed it out. At the time I posted it I thought there was some chance that someone WOULD know some game-sourced or dev-sourced information on this one way or the other and might respond by pointing me in the right direction or confirming that there isn't any rather than jumping down my throat for asking a question, especially since I showed the discretion to ask on the talk page first rather than trying to edit something into the article. Leaving all speculative stuff entirely aside, the central suggestion I was making is to say *something* about the "egg casings" in the article, given that this is to my knowledge the *only* place in the game they appear. Could be as simple as "You'll find the back rooms of the base littered with what appear to be rachni egg casings" which might make sense more in the article than in trivia, or going out on a limb we could add e.g. "The dramatic difference from the egg-like pods found in Mass Effect 3 is unexplained". MEANWHILE in the opposite direction on "speculation" when I was originally looking around for references about these, I was actually surprised to find these catalogued as "egg casings" in the article (if only in the picture caption), since I'm presently unaware of any game-sourcing or dev-sourcing identifying them explicitly as such, so again I was looking for anyone knowledgeable on the sourcing of that or perhaps it's unsourced and doesn't really belong there. Perhaps all we know is that they're "strange red items" found in the base, and even calling them egg casings in the first place is speculative. Cattlesquat (talk) 14:34, March 27, 2014 (UTC)