Welcome to the wiki about Mass Effect: A game so good that Jack Thompson wouldn't bad mouth it! No really! It's True!!!
Haven't been around lately. Partially because of work, and school prep, and also because I'm still spoiler dodging for the Overlord DLC. I've had it since it came out, I just haven't had the time to play it. In a couple weeks I'm entering Utah Valley University with a major in Political Science, which is exciting. Yay for me! :)
About me[edit | edit source]
I am Effectofthemassvariety but you can call me "Effect." My real name, however, is Chase. I am 19 years old, and live in American Fork, Utah.
- I love to make people laugh.
- I think everyone has a right to their own opinion, as long as they can back it up.
- Someday I want to be a Lawyer, or a Comedian, or both. I have not decided.
I am currently on my third and a half playthrough of Mass Effect 2. (I got distracted, and wanted to start fresh after getting all the DLC. I am playing as a Male Adept, again. (shows you how much I like variety!) I still have about half of the game to complete as a Female Vangaurd, but I've finished twice as a half-renegade Male Soldier, and paragon Male Adept. I joined this wiki because of my love for the Mass Effect Universe, and I hope to help make the wiki as good as can be.
Interests[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars
- The Re-imagined Battlestar Galactica
- All of the Star Trek series'
- Doctor Who
- Supernatural TV series
- Red Dwarf
- All kinds of music
- Talk Radio
Observations[edit | edit source]
- Never try to make your first playthrough character a Renegade, because you'll chicken out halfway through!
- The episode of Star Trek: TOS entitled Obsession demonstrates pure stupidity on the part of the red-shirts. Don't they realize that they, especially, need to look out for danger? You'd think the high death-rate of their red-shirted colleagues would be enough to convince them to watch their backs, but NO! I guess that intelligence isn't a quality that Star Fleet looks for in their red-shirts.
- There ae no dead red shirts in the first episode of The Orignal Series, only blue and yellow.(at least to my recollection)
- You can't always get what you want. I only want what I can't have. And the circle of life continues.
- Did you know that "dialogue" is the British spelling? I've never written it out as "dialog," and I never will. Well, except for right then, when I typed it. That was the last time.
- Did you know that "check" has a British spelling? It's "cheque." Now, that is one that I never would've guessed.
- Most anti-videogame "debates" are actually, what I like to call "bash-a-thons," where you, and your like minded friends get together and talk crap about something you all hate. This is very similar to what happens when one of your annoying acquaintances isn't around: You just talk trash. The only difference is that they have a camera crew, and an audience. --Effectofthemassvariety 06:20, May 24, 2010 (UTC)
- The advertisment for Gk2Gk (the online dating site for geeks) displayed on the main page is, if you think about it, a little insulting. :P --Effectofthemassvariety 21:22, May 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Jeez! That edit counter can really climb up there when you aren't paying attention. For some stupid reason, I got it into my head that my #300 edit should be celebrated. I thought that maybe I should save it for a super cool, extra extreme edit. Well, #300 came and went without me even noticing. So, this is my #303 edit, talking about my missed opportunity for celebration of #300. Well, I guess #303 is a palindrome of sorts, and it is a big number... Oh, what the hell. HEY EFFECT! HAPPY 303rd EDIT! FROM: Me! --Effectofthemassvariety 06:24, May 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Doesn't time fly? It seems like just yesterday that I was just a little kid. It seems like just an hour ago when I was getting out of school. Honestly, I think that life goes by so fast that you just have to savor every moment of it. If you don't, life will pass you by. --Effectofthemassvariety 08:17, May 31, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm trying to decide whether I would go to a Rammstein concert if they came to Utah. Nobody that I know -well, nobody I still talk to- even likes them. I have heard that they put on the best concerts though. Ah, well, they probably wouldn't come here anyways. :/ --Effectofthemassvariety 20:43, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Me and my family are getting ready to go fishing right now. In about an hour we're going up the canyon to the lake, and we're going to fish, canoe and kayak all day. Ahhh... Good times.--Effectofthemassvariety 17:34, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Hamburgers (by which I mean Cheeseburgers) and Hotdogs are always a great 4th of July meal. Even considering that I'm always the one who has to make them. Happy Independence Day everyone! --Effectofthemassvariety 03:57, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Whatever negative things I have said about Caprica in the past, I take it all back! Last night's episode rocked! The story revolved around the rebellions on Tauron and somewhat displays Sam's inner conflict with his membership in the Ha'la'tha. We also see a rival Tauron gang, attack Sam for running guns, which is their business. The Guatrau tells Sam that he has to deal with the problem alone, so what does Sam do? He takes the Cylon to the rival gang's headquarters, and has it kill them all in classic Centurion fashion! Then it says the classic lines, "By your command." *sigh* The show is really picking up speed, and really turning out awesome. --Effectofthemassvariety 15:28, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
List of things to do[edit | edit source]
- Read Mass Effect: Ascension
- Read Mass Effect: Redemption
- Read Mass Effect: Retribution
Get a land line internet connection so I can use the dang Cerberus Network. Correct any page with "SSV Normandy SR-2" on it.
Jeez, I gotta get to the library or something.