Your attention requested
Combat (ME3 MP) pictures
As you can see, I'd like to create a missing page, User:DeldiRe/Sandbox/Combat (Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer) because there is a lot of MP subtilities which are not written on the classic version of this article.
I already made some changes (really not much) but I will need pictures to improve tha quality of this article. The problem is that:
- I'm not really skilled to take screenshot;
- and Temp dopn't play MP and he can't help me.
Could you help on that issue by taking the right screenshot please? We could create a list of the needed one ;). In general I would suggest to make screenshots with a lot of differents characters if possible.
- Hi Trandra. First, thanks for your fixes, I will be careful about the links for my next cleans. Do you have some comments/guidelines to improve the work?
- And what about the idea of a Combat page specific for MP?--DeldiRe (talk) 15:39, April 29, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't really have guidelines for the clean-ups--you're working in a non-native language, so mistakes happen. They happen for native speakers/writers too. However, I do think you should keep more of the weapon advice.
- Not really sure about that. The thing is, being good at MP makes you too good for SP (I could probably easily play SP Insanity even after not having held an Xbox controller for a year), so it's kind of a skill-level difference. I suppose there are different tactics, since SP is a essentially a tunnel, while MP is a confined room. I'll think about it. Trandra (talk) 15:48, April 29, 2014 (UTC)
Hello, I am a passing contributor on this Wiki and I notice you do not have Forums, private message boards, and achievements Forums would allow much better discussion of the series, as well as outside of it (such as shipping and other topic not on the series itself) Message boards allow contact between users, especially with Admins, who need to be notified of problems at a moments notice Achievements give a sense of reward to users who edit here, getting a chance to reach the Top 12
- not sure what you're talking about.
- the lack of achievements are a conscious move as we've determined it'll only lead to badgehunting. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 03:03, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
A little over a month ago, I was banned by Temporaryeditor78. I was editing a few pages which had incorrect spelling and grammar. Suddenly I was told that I was IP banned and unable to edit. Since I was banned I could not post to talk pages for other admin of the wiki to plead my case. I went to my page to find this :
for your own good, read up on the wiki's style guidelines and manuals of style. i have warned you twice in the past before about this. the bulk of your edits indicate that you can't be arsed to.
- codex entries are verbatim.
- unnecessary and borderline incorrect word changes
- constant brit/american spelling "corrections"
make edits of similar nature once more and you will find your edit privileges revoked. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 03:34, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
One, I never received a first, second, or ANY warning before this. His changing of my edits happened within minutes of a ban.
I went over the guidelines, and I'm FAIRLY certain that I was within my bounds EXCEPT for one or two changed to codex entries, which were a complete accident and easily rectified.
There is no such thing as "Borderline" incorrect grammar. Your front page says grammar and spelling corrections are always welcome. My changes that were not to codex entries were in fact correct, which was why I made them. I think the fact that I made numerous edits in about an hour somehow annoyed Temp.
As to the whole brit/american spelling? Mass effect follows "American English" style when it comes to spelling. I.E. Armor, not Armour. So I could be wrong, but I BELIEVE it's fine for me to change it to "American" English. If this is not the case, please let me know and I won't ever do it again.
I'm not going to make ANY edits until I have an answer on this from a mod other then Temporaryeditor78 as to whether editing spelling and grammar (Non codex) is OK. His message was rude and his rash decision to ban me seemed unprofessional. I am unbanned now, for whatever reason, and I did report this incident to wikia, though I never received a response from them after their first so I have no idea if they have anything to do with me being unbanned.
I find Temp's attitude as moderator to be borderline flaming/trolling, or would discuss the issue with him myself.
3rd base call please?
Talk:Feros:_Geth_in_the_Tunnels#Transmitter_Bug_Note.3F Evidence trail suggests article is erroneous and x3-confirmation was not followed correctly in first place. Shouldn't we correct? Cattlesquat (talk) 16:58, April 16, 2014 (UTC)
Dear Trandra.my bad for excedeeng the 10 image limit,but how I can edit the ten image to rimain,and the rest of which I'll have to delete?Thanks in advance,yours PaulaShepard.:)
Hi, in accordance with wikia rules, I'm posting here beacuse I have a complaint against another admin. Temporaryeditor78, for details, please see his talk page, but in short, I made a correct edit to the page "Grunt", and after he verified it he commented on it as "surprisingly legit", which I found not very nice since it was a helpful edit rather than a spam one. I left a quite reasonable complaint on his talk page because I wasn't happy with helpful edits being treated as spam until otherwise verified, the "guilty until proven innocent" attitude he seemed to be displaying, and he responded not only very rudely and in a manner that could be considered flaming, but used his status to post words that when I tried to respond about and complain that he called me them, wikia wouldn't allow them through the filter for me. I hope we can resolve this without contacting the wikia staff, but I do not think Temporaryeditor78 should be allowed to demonstrate this sort of behaviour to wikia contributors who have done nothing except constructive edits. 22.214.171.124 17:48, May 27, 2014 (UTC)
ME3 Weapon Pages and Tab View
I noticed that you were the one that changed the Krysae Sniper Rifle page to use tabs and that you also set the multiplayer to default. Is there a policy concerning this or anything concerning what tab should default? I don't want to change something I shouldn't. Great Mara (talk) 03:11, July 14, 2014 (UTC)
- The underlying principle is that if the weapon was introduced to multiplayer first, the MP tab is default. In the case of the Krysae rifle, the Rebellion Pack for multiplayer was released before the Firefight Pack was for singleplayer. (see also the related project) Elseweyr talk • stalk 08:17:13, 2014-07-14 (UTC)
Senior editor application
After more than 3 years of activity on this wiki, I’d like to take more responsibilities to help the community with the arrival of the news Mass Effect Andromeda. By this message, I apply to become a senior editor. I make this demand for several reasons:
- The arrival of ME Andromeda will lead to new user and to a strong activity, a complete team is needed for those upcoming events
- I have been active on this since more than 3 years
- I’m also active as a chat mod since more than one year
- Current senior editors are now inactive
- I’m committed to the wiki and I have been a valuable contributor (mobile content, pictures, specific content, …)
- I know the current administrative team since a long time and I share the values of this wiki (completion, quality,…)
- As an admin on the ME French wiki, I have a good knowledge of wikia tools
- I’m willing to help new contributors with a constructive attitude