Why do you revert correct edits?
I saw your message on Temporaryeditor78's talk page. To answer your question: it's because he can. You're new but Temporaryeditor78 had been doing this to peoples a while now. He is a tyrant with power over this wiki. To the points, he had driven a number of peoples away from the wiki because of his behavior. There also been attempted to get him removed from his admin position since he abused his power but both were unsuccessful. Please carefully, he will block users without warning for any minor things.--Allen Knott (talk) 01:03, July 11, 2018 (UTC)Allen E. Knott 1:03 AM Wednesday, July 11, 2018 (UTC)
- Hey CompleCCity,
- Temp takes the Original Trilogy (OT) and this wikia very seriously. Pretty strict on the rules. No whiff of speculation or opinion is allowed unless it has come from a verified source.
- Odds are the items that you found will require the 3-man rule to verify. My guess would be that would be part of why they were reverted. When that happens to me, I try to always put a section on the talk page asking for 2 more verifications. That way your findings are documented and could potentially be added later if verified.
- You're coming to this franchise long after they settled the rules for this wikia. There are still things to found and changed but with the popularity of the games, these games were studied, checked, verified, etc. by many people.
- I try to add sections or information that I find useful as if I was a brand new player coming to the wikia for info. I added a whole new table section on all of the planets that have Hazards. That was a small thing that I found lacking when I was doing work for the Mass Effect: Andromeda hazard section. If I ask myself a question "How many planets have hazards in ME?" and I can't easily find the answer, then I should do the research and try to make sure no one else has to ask that question. Things like that are pretty few and far between but they do still exist. If you as a new player ask yourself a question and there isn't a clean easy way to find the answer, then creating/adding to a section may be a possibility. In those cases, you may want to sandbox/user space and ask other contributors to give some feedback before going live with the changes.
- I've run into Temp numerous times on issues and he is strict on the rules. My own talk page has plenty of messages from him on things I should/shouldn't do. I try not to repeat the mistakes. I've singlehandedly made his talkpage into War And Peace with all of the changes and questions I've asked in the past 6 months. :) I will say that he is fair in listening to what you have to say if you are fact based and just looking for help. It may take time to get an answer, sometimes the answers are curt, and sometimes not what I wanted but I try not to let my emotions into it.
- I do know that the other admins still are watching but contribute much less than they used to. If Temp isn't able to answer a question, one of the other admins may know the answer. A few times I've a had Elseweyr chime in and Teugene as well. Between the admins, they know most (if not all) of the history right away.
- From what I have seen, around 2013 it was REALLY ruthless here. Back when now inactive admins were active it was 10 times as strict.
- Temp doesn't block for honest mistakes. If you persist at an action even after being warned that he says breaks the rules, you may get a 2 week or month block but I don't think I've seen him use it here the entire time I've been here. I've seen spam/vandals/sockpuppets get hit hard but no one else. Usually it is people provoking him hard that get a 2 week cooling off period. --GS877 (talk) 22:15, July 13, 2018 (UTC)
- First, Temp doesn't seem to give a warning. Second, he doesn't seem to listen, since he always been to think he is right. Third, there is such a thing as too strict, Temp met that and surpass that in my opinion. Fourth, my biggest issue with him is that he abuses his power, in my opinion, and chase away user for nonsense reasons. Because of his insane behavior.--Allen Knott (talk) 05:42, July 14, 2018 (UTC) Allen Knott 5:42 AM Saturday, July 14, 2018 (UTC).