Hey. I myself have been pretty inactive lately, mainly just popping by to check the RC. But I did manage to catch this post on your talk page.
I'd just like to say that you are by far one of the most dedicated and useful admins I have ever came across on wiki. Throughout my time here I have done my best to develop a similar attitude to Spart and yours as you two seemed to be the best role models as far as to the betterment of this wiki goes. I would just like to thank you for sacrificing so much of your time to being such an amazing admin.
Despite all our differences I can honestly say that you leaving will be a detriment to this wiki. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours my friend.
As Gardho said, despite our differences you will be a loss to this wiki, especially as a regular editor. I wish you luck in your next projects IRL.
See you soon. --DeldiRe 22:11, July 28, 2013 (UTC)
See you around... Edit
I'll be wishing you farewell in the hope that you'll return at some point in the future. We've a lot of history together; some good (dealing with the massive fake-Lancer hacks) and some bad (numerous arguments about various topics and concerns about your overzealous upholding of the rules, and a reluctance to adopt new theories/articles to the existing origin, etc...), but I highly doubt the wiki would've been in the shape it's in now without your never-ending dedication to its upkeep.
Until I hear from you again, know this: entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity.
See you around. H-Man: Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem 15:45, July 28, 2013 (UTC)
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha you lose, see for the launch of Mass Effect 4! all my love- Charles Saracino
Well that makes my life a lot easier. At least the admin I completely despise is now all but out of the picture, and I can make my edits without having to worry about a guy who is borderline fanatic. JouninOfDespair 11:24, August 25, 2013 (UTC)
Well, Lancer, goodbye. Despite the harshness, bluntness, and stubbornness you are infamous for showing here, I can say that you kept this wiki in line, for the most part. So I guess you're a Renegade admin. Hope to see you with a lot more patience injected into you. Remember, wiki means "user contributed", not "Lancer's personal playground." Yoheresmoreshow (talk) 09:03, September 20, 2013 (UTC)
In the hundreds and hundreds of ME Wiki articles I've read, and the precisely 1 edit I've ever made on the ME Wiki, you've come off as the most overzealous, bitter, unwarrantedly self-important "talk page schoolmarm" I've ever dealt with on a Wiki. And I'm an admin on three other wikis. I've really never seen anything like it. It's almost uncanny what a pompous, newbie-biting policy wonk you are. You never even attempt to show the slightest hint of respect or common decency for anyone, and at least half of the time you ended up getting overruled by other admins!
I say this as an utter outside perspective, with zero axes to grind, no intent to profit and no desire for political gain over here, so I guess my question is this: why didn't you get de-sysopped far earlier? On English Wikipedia you would have been gone long ago. Just a question. Court Appointed Shrub (talk) 08:57, September 6, 2013 (UTC)
I typically don't look at talk pages as that's not why I come here but from what I've seen I have to agree with Count Appointed Shrub and some of the others above. I don't know if you left voluntarily or were kicked out but given the way you interact with people I would guess the latter. You come across as a d i c k and should not have been an admin for as long as you were. Good riddance. 126.96.36.199 13:14, September 22, 2013 (UTC)GC
I have to agree. I realize Lancer probably meant well, but he really did have a very... brusk, I guess... way of dealing with anyone who wasn't doing things exactly the way he thought things should be done. He really made me want to not even bother with even trying to contribute to the wiki. 188.8.131.52 21:53, July 13, 2014 (UTC)
it's too bad Edit
That you had to go. There's a certain admin here that is great at what he does, but is also a massive troll. Apparently the rules of the wiki for not flaming and cursing don't apply to him. Ottakanawa (talk) 09:30, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
you're back? or is this a one-time thing? Edit
. . T̶͙̝͍̖̤̞͂̅̿̆́̕̚͝͡e̮̬͚̪͐̅̒̿͟͡m͚̮̣̪̟̦̫̺̝̏̍̄̾̅̽͂ͅp̶̳̥̣̥͓͆̃̋͊́̈̈́̊́̏o̸͉̰̞̖̖̰̟͂̉̈́̍̐͂̚̚͜͠r̛͙͇̦̈́̀̔͐̒͆̽͛͜͜͡a̵̺̣͕̗͗̇̅́̐͒͂̚͟r̺͓͕̰͙͚͙̋̏͐͌͂̍̐̀́̚y̴͉̜͎̜͙͍̞̠͊̄̃̍̋ͅͅḛ̴̙͉͙̠̐̿̄͗͆̈̽͞d̳̙̫͎̝̝̜̘̂̀̍́̀̇͗̄̕͜͟į̴̜̯̗̦̹̻̬̓́̀̓͛̓́̆̇͆ţ̸͍͔̠͍̐̋͋̑͑̉̀̀͞͝ǒ̧̱̣̠̲̣̜̤͙̉̋̾̄̈̕ṟ̛̦͕̖̗͖̱̤̰̪͛́̀̆̑̔͂̃̕7̨̮͎̤̣̞̣̦̞̿̾̓̊̏͑͗̾͌͜8̷̳̻̗̼̙͎́̄̔̀̓͘͝ . 04:49, June 6, 2020 (UTC)
- I don't plan to stick around. I honestly didn't even realize I was logged in otherwise I wouldn't have even seen this. Well I guess that's cookies for you.
- I am on a replay of the trilogy, because of current world events, and I saw something that wasn't included so I figured I should add it in since it won't probably be done.
- I might, emphasis on the might, do something on the Planet Scanning page, mainly the implementation of a table for ease of reference on the resources for gathering, but I don't start that without doing the proper thing first.
- Bottom line, I'm not here to stay. Just to do something, which I didn't even realize would show up under my username. Again, if I feel like it, I might do the table, but if no one wants it or it looks bad, then I'll just leave again.
- Also, I'm unlocking my talk page. I found reading these funny actually. A reminder of times long past. Which is why I'm not coming back apart from this brief appearance. If you recall the goodbye email I sent 7 years ago, those things still hold, but 7 years has taught me a lot.
- I did join the discord server and I'll switch my name on there if you wish to communicate with me there because I probably won't monitor this for many reasons. Lancer1289 (talk) 05:08, June 6, 2020 (UTC)