Hi, welcome to Mass Effect Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Nihlus Kryik page.
Race Name Caps[edit source]
Please read this wiki's policy concerning the capitalization of alien race names. In most cases, alien race names are kept lowercase, just as they appear in the games, books, and comics of the Mass Effect franchise. This is because race names like "human", "asari", and "salarian" are not proper nouns. The only exceptions to this rule are "Reaper", "Collector", "Leviathan", and "Prothean", which are proper nouns and should be capitalized. In your future edits, please keep this policy in mind. -- Commdor (Talk) 23:03, April 10, 2013 (UTC)
Good work on your template, keep working to make it match to others templates of the wiki. I will support you if you put it to a vote. If I may, I would also suggest a place to put a picture in this conflict template.
And if I may suggest (again) I would do the same kind of template to offer a "race template" to this empty place of the wiki :) --DeldiRe 14:16, July 2, 2013 (UTC)
Note that the templates you created have been deleted. This is because all templates, with the exception of needed templates such as spoiler templates, require at the very least, some form of discussion first. Whether it be with the community in the Projects Forum, or at the very least an admin. Even then, all templates proposed for the mainspace are to sandboxed and proposed first, not just thrown into the mainspace.
On a side note, this is the second time a template like this has come up and the last time it was dismissed because of a lack of usage. Because of the lack of conflicts in the ME universe, with the outcome of several being completely dependent on player actions, there is no accurate way to depict them with a template, let alone an article. Lancer1289 (talk) 18:20, July 2, 2013 (UTC)
Look, I know there are not much conflicts, but that does not mean we should not include the template. The dragon age wiki has the template, but it doesn't have much conflicts. It might be worth a try. Scout1534 (talk) 18:35, July 2, 2013 (UTC)
- As I state quite clearly at the top of my talk page in bolded red text, which no one seems to read anymore, if I leave you a message, please respond on your talk page, not mine. This is because I despite cross page conversations and it makes things easier to follow. Therefore, I have removed the comment and reposted it here.
- As to the point, it does not matter what other wikis do. We have extremely little information on what we do have. I have been searching for the forum from last time, and all of the arguments there, once reread, still have weight and are still very much relevant. Forum:Conflict Infoboxes. We do not have enough information to even fill out the template on every conflict. Lancer1289 (talk) 18:39, July 2, 2013 (UTC)
for the last time, quit messing around with categories[edit source]
we don't append |lists in this wiki by convention.
PROTIP: get a hint when you see your changes erased from pages time and time again. it means you're messing around with something you aren't supposed to.
thank you for your cooperation. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 16:09, December 14, 2013 (UTC)
- First of all, I do not like vulgar words being used on my talk page. Secondly, what's wrong with certain pages being categorized as | lists on the categories that have the same name? All other wikis do it. Why is this one any different? Scout1534 (talk) 16:19, December 14, 2013 (UTC)
- very well. regarding your question, this is not other wikis. what others do or do not do is irrelevant here. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 16:23, December 14, 2013 (UTC)
stop with the thumbs[edit source]
or i will do it for you. i will not warn you again. . . T̶͙̝͍̖̤̞͂̅̿̆́̕̚͝͡e̮̬͚̪͐̅̒̿͟͡m͚̮̣̪̟̦̫̺̝̏̍̄̾̅̽͂ͅp̶̳̥̣̥͓͆̃̋͊́̈̈́̊́̏o̸͉̰̞̖̖̰̟͂̉̈́̍̐͂̚̚͜͠r̛͙͇̦̈́̀̔͐̒͆̽͛͜͜͡a̵̺̣͕̗͗̇̅́̐͒͂̚͟r̺͓͕̰͙͚͙̋̏͐͌͂̍̐̀́̚y̴͉̜͎̜͙͍̞̠͊̄̃̍̋ͅͅḛ̴̙͉͙̠̐̿̄͗͆̈̽͞d̳̙̫͎̝̝̜̘̂̀̍́̀̇͗̄̕͜͟į̴̜̯̗̦̹̻̬̓́̀̓͛̓́̆̇͆ţ̸͍͔̠͍̐̋͋̑͑̉̀̀͞͝ǒ̧̱̣̠̲̣̜̤͙̉̋̾̄̈̕ṟ̛̦͕̖̗͖̱̤̰̪͛́̀̆̑̔͂̃̕7̨̮͎̤̣̞̣̦̞̿̾̓̊̏͑͗̾͌͜8̷̳̻̗̼̙͎́̄̔̀̓͘͝ . 17:36, August 12, 2019 (UTC)
- Okay, first of all, if I am doing something that you don't think is appropriate, please just tell me that. I'm not trying to commit vandalism. I am editing in good faith. Secondly, I checked the Manuals of Style like you said, and I've seen nothing that forbids me from using thumbs on photos. And when I put the thumbs there, I just assumed that it was the only way to see the photo's captions. I forgot that you could look at them just by putting your mouse cursor over them. However, what if someone is looking at the pages with their mobile phone? Scout1534 (talk) 01:33, August 13, 2019 (UTC)
- on mobile captions are automatically displayed whether we like it or not. inherent to the design. it has its own formatting that you can more or less check on the big preview buttons to the right of the edit window desktop (on the occasion it actually works). . . T̶͙̝͍̖̤̞͂̅̿̆́̕̚͝͡e̮̬͚̪͐̅̒̿͟͡m͚̮̣̪̟̦̫̺̝̏̍̄̾̅̽͂ͅp̶̳̥̣̥͓͆̃̋͊́̈̈́̊́̏o̸͉̰̞̖̖̰̟͂̉̈́̍̐͂̚̚͜͠r̛͙͇̦̈́̀̔͐̒͆̽͛͜͜͡a̵̺̣͕̗͗̇̅́̐͒͂̚͟r̺͓͕̰͙͚͙̋̏͐͌͂̍̐̀́̚y̴͉̜͎̜͙͍̞̠͊̄̃̍̋ͅͅḛ̴̙͉͙̠̐̿̄͗͆̈̽͞d̳̙̫͎̝̝̜̘̂̀̍́̀̇͗̄̕͜͟į̴̜̯̗̦̹̻̬̓́̀̓͛̓́̆̇͆ţ̸͍͔̠͍̐̋͋̑͑̉̀̀͞͝ǒ̧̱̣̠̲̣̜̤͙̉̋̾̄̈̕ṟ̛̦͕̖̗͖̱̤̰̪͛́̀̆̑̔͂̃̕7̨̮͎̤̣̞̣̦̞̿̾̓̊̏͑͗̾͌͜8̷̳̻̗̼̙͎́̄̔̀̓͘͝ . 01:57, August 13, 2019 (UTC)