- Mass_Effect_Wiki:Manual_of_Style#Codex_Articles T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 14:06, January 9, 2017 (UTC)
- it's fanmade. generally speaking, none that absolutely require it. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 17:01, January 9, 2017 (UTC)
Fandom Partners with EA for Mass Effect Andromeda
As you may or may not know, Fandom has a partnership with Electronic Arts. Due to the upcoming release of Mass Effect Andromeda, EA is offering to supply our design team with visual assets. The purpose is to use them to provide Mass Effect Wiki with a new logo, background, and other design features. The main impact of these 'spiffs' as we call them, are generally seen on the MainPage but can occasionally include new pages such as our Instant Expert or Getting Started guides. We do our best to seek community approval before the new designs are implemented.
Please respond and let us know if you and your community would be interested in our help with a visual update. We would do our best to make sure it reflects the upcoming game as much as possible without losing the features you feel are most important to your users. Our most recent admin and community collaborations can be seen at the Deus Ex Wiki and Civilization Wiki. I will personally be here to help answer questions or concerns, and of course, to help with editing once the game is released.
On a side note - what is the video policy here? I looked at some of the editing policies that were community specific and I did not see it. I only noticed that your community isn't using them. An explanation or a link to the actual policy would be appreciated.
- hi, i've sent out some messages to the other guys if they have anything to suggest. off the top of my head i can only think of the main page to focus on as its layout hasn't been updated for a very long time, due to reasons.
- in terms of visual assets, it would be nice to have a couple of (very) high-resolution/high-quality images and icons. the andromeda items we currently have i only ripped from the existing trailers since there aren't any other (legit) sources available.
- the video policy can be summed up as "thanks, but no thanks." using videos was decided against early on because of quality concerns (and because almost all of them featured irrelevant gameplay elements and/or some guy's shepard or another - in violation of canon concerns). pictures are much easier to manipulate. file usage on the wiki is prescribed here: MEW:Files Guideline. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 20:41, January 10, 2017 (UTC)
- PS also if you know who manages the MEWiki twitter please remind them to resume updating - none of us have access to it. thanks.
- I don't have much to add to what he said. Main page needs an update for sure. Looks like the two examples given have a "featured" area at the top which links to the latest game. I think that's a good idea for us. I also like the Civ wiki's tab solution for the previous games -- pretty slick.
- Hello! After a discussion with relative staff regarding the redesign of your main page, I had a question regarding the current navigation/content area. We want to design something for you that eliminates the box of massive links, and combines it with the icon section - but still makes the most important information readily available to your users. The tabbed box from Civilization Wiki is certainly a possibility but there is another example you might like even better. Take a look at the top navigation box at Dragon Age Wiki. This is also something we could easily accomplish and it is visually appealing. We have high rez images we can use for this.
Hello! Is there any policy regarding non-registered user contributing to this wiki? As per Kallini:_Ardat-Yakshi_Monastery history page it seems so. Can you give the reason why you reverting it again and again? I just documented as it happened ingame. 18.104.22.168 15:49, February 2, 2017 (UTC)
- there -is- a policy against using another IP address to circumvent your block. there -is- a policy against editwarring which you are keen to do so despite the numerous warning reverts. there -is- a policy to discuss issues on talkpages instead of engaging in edit warring.
- this is your final warning to take the hint and read up on the guidelines. you have no excuse for not doing so, it is linked literally on your talkpage and on the top navigation bar.
- now, your changes are always undone because they're unnecessary and irrelevant to the acquisition section. that is strictly for how the mission is acquired and nothing else. there's already a note right below explaining what's what. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 16:04, February 2, 2017 (UTC)
Do you think we should go ahead and make a page for Jaal or wait until they explicitly say he's a squadmate? Devs have acknowledged him and the Funko pop model of him. TheUnknown285 (talk) 23:24, February 12, 2017 (UTC)